A couple of weeks ago, I excitedly shared with you the Hair Botox hair treatment. What made it so amazing was the idea that one could infuse their hair with amazing ingredients without any concern for harmful chemicals.
My options were to visit a salon for the treatment or purchase the system online and attempt to do it at home. The prices for the product online was not cheap but I figured that it would even out considering how many applications were in one package. After a little reflection, I decided on Kashmir's Hair Botox. When the package arrived, on wash day, I was absolutely stoked!
When I first opened the package, I took a whiff of the "smoothing treatment" that came was part of the system. Everything smelled nice, so no alarms went off. The treatment had a light consistency and was fairly easy to apply. Per the instructions, I began applying the product from root to tip, making sure that everything was evenly applied.
Then something interesting happened. I noticed my eyes start to get irritated and water. At first I brushed it off because it didn't seem like a big deal. Onward, I continued applying product. The more I applied, the more irritation I experienced. At this point I'm wondering if I'm really having a reaction to the product or if I'm imagining it. I NEVER react to anything. I don't consider myself sensitive and I have no allergies. But there was no denying how much my eyes were burning at this point.
Immediately I grabbed the bottle and scanned at the ingredients. In my haste and excitement, I neglected to look review the ingredient list beforehand. There it was, in the second line of the ingredient list--formaldehyde. I was shocked! That was the absolute last ingredient I expected to see on the list. At this point I had a decision to make. The fumes were rising in the air and I had to act fast. I tried my best to keep applying, but eventually, the irritation became unbearable. I jumped in the shower and gladly washed it out. The directions state that I should blow dry and flat iron after rinsing but I was afraid of causing more inhalable toxic fumes with the addition of heat.
One the ordeal was over, I contacted the company and exchanged a few messages. It turns out they offer a formaldehyde free version of hair botox called Hair Biotex. I, unfortunately, was fooled by the marketing tactics of using the words "Hair Botox" on a keratin treatment product. Although I was extremely bummed, I still longed for the true hair botox experience. That's the reason I decided to try again with a truly formaldehyde free formula.
The replacement product has arrived and the first thing I did was check the ingredients to conform that it was true Hair Botox treatment. Once I get a chance to try Majesty Hair Botox, I'll do another update.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- Insta lately.
- Nightly Exfoliation | How to wake up looking like ...
- Hair Botox (at home) part II- Success!!!
- My anti-aging tools that I've never told you about...
- Motivation Monday | Dreaming Big vs. Doing Big
- 5 Reasons to stop wearing bummy clothes around the...
- How to use steam in your every day routine to incr...
- Motivation Monday | Try this Law of Attraction tec...
- Frequent vs. Infrequent Washing| Let's Discuss
- Shop the Look | Fitted Cargos.
- Style Inspo | What to wear (or buy) this weekend
- Korean Layering Routine Part 2 // The Nightly Rout...
- How to create a bachelorette type romance in your ...
- Ice Facials | The Celebrity Beauty Secret for firm...
- Motivation Monday | Are you secretly in love with ...
- Interior Inspiration // Concrete floors
- Fit Friday | Creating a Beautiful, Toned Back
- Detangling tips for those with fragile hair.
- Monday Motivation | What are you doing to stimulat...
- Update | The benefits I experienced when I consist...
- Fit Friday | Don't allow your thirst cravings to m...
- Why my first Hair Botox experience was a complete ...
- ▼ July ( 22 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal