I'm secretly counting down the days 'till summer arrives. One of my favorite quotes of all time is Thomas Edison's "everything will come to him who hustles while he waits." I've taken that motto on fully which is why I'm hustling to maintain my summer glow all throughout winter. There are five things I'm doing to "stay summer glow ready" all winter.
Sanaa Lathan's healthy skin regimen, I've made multiple trips to the sauna in hopes of making a positive impact to my skin. The act of sweating has been phenomenal overall. What's most amazing is that my entire body receives the benefit, not just my face. We're all aware that sweating is one of the major ways that our bodies detoxify the cells. Imagine if someone goes for 3 months without sweating. All that congestion from toxins just remains under the surface. How can anyone's skin glow under those conditions? Sweating is critical for our health. When our skin temperature rises, our pores open allowing toxins to be secreted, along with the sweat, as it leaves the body. Getting rid of toxins is critical if you want to appear healthy. No sweating= No glow. Even without access to a sauna, we can get moving with 30 minutes of aerobic exercise until we sweat. I'm getting so much enjoyment from being in the sauna that I'm considering purchasing a small, in-home infrared sauna so I can make it a daily practice.
detail in this post. Now, I never have to worry about dry, cracked feet 'cause I stay scubbin'!
MAC Lustre Drops in "Sun Rush". It's this tiny bottle filled with liquid shine. I'm loving how it gives just the right amount of glow to my cheeks. There are a few video reviews online and everyone pretty much raves about it. Just a couple of drops to the cheeks and you get and instant, natural glow. Since I can seem to find a blush that works for me, I opt to sport glowy cheeks instead. To be completely honest with you, I used this product more when I wasn't taking FCLO, wasn't drinking as much water, wasn't sweating regularly in the sauna. Now, even in winter, my face is sporting its own natural glow. If we stay ready, we don't have to get ready. Let's stay ready for the summer by looking fresh and fabulous all year long.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- Drinking 1 Gallon of water daily: Here's how I ben...
- Motivation Monday: Getting rid of limiting beliefs...
- Is Infrared Technology the future of healthy heat ...
- Going Green: Kale Salad Recipe
- How your body's pH is affecting your hair journey
- Sunday Spa Day: The Experience that will change ev...
- Weekend Ramblings: Neiman Marcus Project Beauty
- Mizani Supreme Oil Conditioner Giveaway!
- "Brushing My Scalp Gave Me Thick Healthy Hair!"
- L.O.C. Method Remixed: Elevating the Moisture Game...
- Day or Night: Does it matter when we take our vita...
- Products I've Used Up.
- Life Lessons and Lovey Skin: A day at the Facial S...
- I'm Bringing "Sexy Back" and this exercise is how...
- 8 Ways to stop your Shedding now!
- Finally have my Micro Mist: Here's what I think
- 5 Ways to keep a Summer Glow all Winter!
- Taking it back to the Old School: My Vintage Shopp...
- "Jammin" Spicy Jerk Shirmp
- Lila Rose Hair Jewels Review and Giveaway!
- ▼ January ( 20 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal