While strolling through my inbox, I stumbled upon an email from Sephora urging me to spend an additional $72.00 so I can reach VIP status in their frequent shopper's program. Instantly, I knew how I would divvy up the purchase. One product in particular was itching to get off my wish list. The moment I learned of Oscar Blandi's heat protectant spray, I wanted it. Having run out of my Kerastaste Fibre Architecte just recently, I knew the time was right.
Also on my list of potentials was LORAC's Pro Palette, and Kat Von D Lock it Foundation. Unfortunately, they were all out of the Pro Palette. Although I wanted desperately to fall in love with the Lock it Foundation, I couldn't find an exact color match. The coverage on this foundation is insane. I see why there are so many glowing reviews on YouTube. Although I couldn't get most of what was on my wish list, I was completely happy to find the item that brought me there in the first place. Plus I also walked away with NARS NARSisisste palette, Sephora's Lip Last in #24 (Cocoa Passion), and a product called The Heathy Deodorant which has no aluminum, dyes or parabens.
On Friday, I reached for my Sedu iron as I was preparing to try the spray heat protectant for the first time. After spraying sections of my hair, I proceeded to iron on a relatively low heat. Although the Oscar Blandi spray promises protection up to 450 degrees, I prefer to use a much lower heat setting even if the outcome isn't bone straight. One thing noticeably absent as I flat ironed each section was the sizzling sound one might hear as the water in our heat protectant quickly evaporates. No sizzling sound was heard because I misted lightly and waited a few moments for the particles to sink in before applying heat. I'm hoping this means that my hair was experiencing less damage this time around.
My absolute favorite thing about this product is how light and airy it is. Those of you who like lots of movement when you blow out and flat iron will love this. Honestly, it felt like my hair had no product at all. It's an obvious contrast from serum-type heat protectants. My Kerastase serum did, however, give my hair a noticeable shine. I dunno, I think I prefer the weightlessness of the Oscar Blandi spray. Perhaps I can use the spray when flat ironing and apply the Kerastase serum afterwards as a finishing serum. Because it has a greater water content, it can also rehydrate my hair after the flat ironing process.
My final verdict is that this product is keeper. I really like it and would definitely repurchase.
Butane, Disiloxane, Propane, Aqua/ Water/ Eau, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, PVP, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, DMDM Hydantoin, Propylene Glycol, Quaternium-26, Parfum.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- New In.
- My newest technique for ultra moisturized hair.
- Monday Motivation | Building the Ark
- Trend Watch| Filigree Embellishment
- OOTD | The Calm Before the Storm
- Fitness Friday| Getting exercise without feeling l...
- Stronger Hair | KHairPep can repair chemically da...
- Avoiding Setbacks| Prepare for the worst
- First Impressions | Oscar Blandi Dry Heat Protect...
- Monday Motivation| Bring your desires into existen...
- Day in the Life | An afternoon in L.A.
- Inspired By.
- Fitness Friday | Love Yourself
- Why I'm going back to Dry Deep Conditioning
- 7 Day Challenge | Regular Moisturizing + Sealing
- First Impressions | Iman CC Corrector & Cover
- Motivational Monday | The one factor that can have...
- The Lust List| What I'm Currently Craving
- Style Obsession | The Denim Shirt
- Fitness Friday| Living with no Regrets
- Welcome Back! Hubner's Silica Gel
- Avoiding Set Backs Series | Acting Fast
- Love Her Look: Casually put together
- Motivation Monday | Raising your financial thermos...
- Two inches of Hair Growth in 5 days?!
- ▼ February ( 25 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal