Orange Sanguine. I was mesmerized by the way she engaged me in conversation regarding the history of this cologne, the notes, the legacy of the perfumery-all of it. After over 30 minutes of conversation, I walked away a bottle of the most pleasant citrus scented cologne on the planet.
I'm one of those people who hate eating oranges because I loathe how it smells on my hands. So why would I every purchase an orange scented perfume? Simply because it's done so elegantly with notes of blood orange, bitter orange, jasmine and sandalwood. I adore the freshness of the scent. Countless of my hard earned dollars have been spent on fruity body splashes that fail to deliver the clean (non-alcohol) scent of the fruit in a way that compliments my natural scent. This does. Over a year later and I haven't put a dent in the bottle. A little goes a long way. I thought I was set for life.
That is until last weekend, when I was hurrying through Neiman's and spotted Dorothy, my old friend at the fragrance counter. We chatted a little about her explorations in Europe and the many perfume houses she visited. Suddenly, she exclaimed, "I have a scent that is perfect for you" as she hurried to the other side of the counter. Dorothy reappeared with a bottle and reached for my wrist. After a few spritzes of Cedrat Envirant, I raised my wrist to my nose and breathed deeply. Heaven. My wrist gave off was the softest, sweetest lime scent. Absolutely. Perfect. For. Spring.
I needed this in my life. I needed it to splash on after a refreshing shower. I need to experience the crisp aroma of fresh lime, Chinese Mint, juniper berries and bergamot as I sit in my boring meetings at work. I needed a light, fresh scent that didn't make me feel like I was wearing perfume. This was exactly what I needed. Dorothy read the look on my face and whispered "treat yourself." The rest is pretty much history.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- Style School | Four Ways to Create Chunky, Oversiz...
- Style Inspiration | Over Sized Curls
- The many reason why I love my Conair Mini Steam Fl...
- Tips from the women with the strongest hair in the...
- Instagram Beauty Secrets Part 4
- Style School | The Three Strand Twist + how to do...
- Wishlisted | Linange Neutralizing Conditioner + Te...
- Update| Is the Thairapy 365 Conditioning Iron wort...
- Look Her Look | Rihanna's layered anklets
- RIP Babyliss Steam Iron (I found something better)...
- Fitness Friday Feature | @Analedesma
- Create a hair growth spurt now!
- Weekend Style Inspiration
- Style Obsession | Rocking the Turban
- Citrus Fresh | Atelier Cologne
- Before Bed | Building a night time beauty routine
- Monday Motivation: The "I don't have enough time e...
- Are you getting the most from your coconut oil on ...
- Come out and Play
- Seaweed for Healthy Skin & Hair
- In the nude.
- Financial Abundance | Are you unprofitable
- Craving | Gladiator Heels
- Fitness Friday | A bit of motivation
- Discovery | Bamboo Tea Water
- ▼ May ( 25 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal