If you're one of those women who aren't blessed with a huge set of lashes, I empathize with you. Lashes offer such a huge advantage on those days when you want to execute a five minute makeup regimen. Healthy, lush lashes and a well arched brow can do amazing things for one's look. Which is why it's imperative that those of us who aren't lash endowed have some tricks up our sleeve to make miracles happen.
lash serum day and night with my own eyes. Girls with skimpier lashes than me suddenly had an enviable pair thanks to their consistent efforts.
If you aren't into applying a topical lash enhancer two times a day, opt for an internal supplement or, do like I did and whip up a large cup of bamboo tea as part of your daily ritual. At first, I wondered why my lashes seemed a little longer than normal until I remembered that I'd been regularly drinkng from a large (gallon size) batch tea that I'd store in the fridge. Frequent bamboo tea refills have paid off and, suddenly, my lashes are now visible again. Don't take my word for it, check out LA Shopper's recent review on Amazon where she too proclaims the wonders of newly visible lashes thanks to indulging in the silica rich tea.
Actually, she was right, it was a pretty good mascara. One reason why I love it so much is due to the unique wand which has a tiny spiked ball on the end. This little mascara ball easily finds those teenie, tiny hairs hiding in the corners. The wand really helps me to create a more flirty look. Especially if you're going for visibility over volume. But then things get interesting when I layer Benefit's They're Real with MAC's Zoom Lash. I stumbled on Zoom Lash years ago when Kim Kardashian's make up artist used it to create her signature spidery lashes. What I love about his mascara is how highly pigmented it is. The wand is much smaller than "normal" which makes it much easier to maneuver through tiny lashes. Zoom Lash is a wet formula,which requires you to use a little extra patience and care during application. But, the payoff from this mascara makes it all worth it.
The trick to getting the most from your mascaras is to layer them for the double the impact. If you purchased one, and aren't too happy with the results, see what happens when you layer with the other options in your makeup kit. Another quick tip for making your lash line more visible is to line the inside of upper eyelid with a dark pencil. This makes the base of your lashes appear darker, which gives them a fuller look. This is especially helpful if you have a hard time reaching the base of your lashes with mascara.
And when you want to go for even more va-va-voom with your lashes, get a little a help from a lash curler. Probably, the most well known brand is from Shu Uemura. As with any purchase, you truly get a quality product for the price. I invested in one years ago and have been happy every day since.
Curlier lashes are just the start, if I really want to amp up the lash power, I lightly warm up the curler before use, transforming it into a lash curling iron of sorts. Once done with the routine, you can take it to the highest level by trying out the lash trick made famous by Audrey Hepburn's makeup artist. Basically, after carefully applying mascara, she'd go back and meticulously separate each lash using a tooth pick. This would allow every single lash the opportunity to shine and get rid of any unwanted clumping.
Then, of course, you always have the option of grabbing a pair of falsies for a quick transformation. But, truthfully, I love the idea of sporting healthy natural lashes that accentuate your eyes, adding a bit of femininity and enhance your natural beauty. Best of all, they can turn you from a doe-eyed baby doll to a cat eyed vixen in just a few short minutes.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- Must Have Essentials for Girls with Puny Lashes.
- Motivation Monday | Put a down payment on your goa...
- Gabrielle Union reminds us to step our water drink...
- Style Obsession | The Kimono
- I've turned my Korean Treatment Essence into a hig...
- How to Create Flawless Skin in 7 Days.
- The amazing benefits I experienced from regular ma...
- Motivation Monday | Creating your life on a moment...
- Insta Moments.
- The Fulani Method | Using a silk scarf to infuse m...
- Fit Friday | Summer Fitness Inspiration.
- Style Obession | Dressed in Denim
- The Case for Exfoliating Your Eye Area
- Damaged Hair? Maybe you should try a Hair Botox T...
- Monday Motivation | Life Lessons from Tom Cruise's...
- Instagram Beauty Secrets Part 7.
- Fearless Friday | You've been looking at your fear...
- In the shower | Taking your beauty ritual to the n...
- On Repeat // SZA + Willow Smith 9
- Monday Motivation | How to keep from forgetting to...
- How to look amazing every day without fail.
- Insta moments.
- 5 Makeup Looks to try this weekend!
- What to wear when you have nowhere to go.
- PRP | The anti-aging vampire facial that can also ...
- Moisturize like a Pro! Welcome to the world of Pr...
- Monday Motivation | How to achieve your dreams, w...
- ▼ June ( 27 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal