Friday, July 10, 2015
Fit Friday | Creating a Beautiful, Toned Back
But what about the back? I, for one, know the dangers on only focusing on what you can see. I'm currently nursing sections of hair back to health, suffering because I don't see that area on a daily basis. From the front, things look great, but the the back of my hair isn't as strong as it could be. The same thing could happen if I don't pay attention to my back.
That's why I'm now creating ritual that creates a sexy and toned back. First step is to make sure the skin on our back is smooth & even toned so it appears healthy when the light strikes it. When I conduct my all over body exfoliation, I place the most focus on my back back and chest. As we sweat on our bodies, the first place we notice perspiration is under the arms. Then, as it continues, sweat starts to run down our backs. So it's super critical to scrub the back incessantly. And this should be done daily, especially during the warmer months.
As you work on your back beautification regimen, you should also be thinking about how to exercise your back muscles. For the sake of the conversation, I'll narrow down the areas to the shoulders (upper back), the latissimus dorci (middle back) and the back of our obliques (waist).
When I work out, I tend to focus on shoulders, but don't do much for my middle and lower back. Which is why I wrote this post to explore what other exercises I could incorporate to get a more complete workout. This first workout video I'd like to share is focused on the latissmus dorci and helps to get rid of the dreaded bra bulge. What I like about this workout is that she essentially does a full back routine in just a few minutes.
Don't have an excercise ball? No worries, I absolutely love this back workout done completely on the floor and set to calming yoga music. Again, like the first video, she has you engaging the entire back.
Lastly I have to, once again, share my favorite lower back workout of all time. This Tiffany Rothe workout feels fun and easy while you're dancing to your favorite tunes. But the next day, you'll feel your lower back oblique muscles come alive. The fact that Tiffany's Waist Workout has been viewed over 20 million times speaks to the amazingness of this workout.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- Insta lately.
- Nightly Exfoliation | How to wake up looking like ...
- Hair Botox (at home) part II- Success!!!
- My anti-aging tools that I've never told you about...
- Motivation Monday | Dreaming Big vs. Doing Big
- 5 Reasons to stop wearing bummy clothes around the...
- How to use steam in your every day routine to incr...
- Motivation Monday | Try this Law of Attraction tec...
- Frequent vs. Infrequent Washing| Let's Discuss
- Shop the Look | Fitted Cargos.
- Style Inspo | What to wear (or buy) this weekend
- Korean Layering Routine Part 2 // The Nightly Rout...
- How to create a bachelorette type romance in your ...
- Ice Facials | The Celebrity Beauty Secret for firm...
- Motivation Monday | Are you secretly in love with ...
- Interior Inspiration // Concrete floors
- Fit Friday | Creating a Beautiful, Toned Back
- Detangling tips for those with fragile hair.
- Monday Motivation | What are you doing to stimulat...
- Update | The benefits I experienced when I consist...
- Fit Friday | Don't allow your thirst cravings to m...
- Why my first Hair Botox experience was a complete ...
- ▼ July ( 22 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal