Monday, April 10, 2017
Stop Your Doubts from Sabotaging Your Dreams
One thing I notice that people do is sabotage their own efforts. In the same conversation, they'll speak life on their goals and simultaneously destroy it. The worst part is that most people have no idea they're doing it. I think we all do it to some extent. But to us is sounds like we're reasoning or like we're going over the pros and cons. Going over pros and cons is a good thing, but there's a fine line between being logical and completely destroying any chance of you moving forward.
In my opinion, going over the pros and cons serves one main purpose. In my opinion, the only reason to go over the cons is to figure out a way to overcome the obstacles. The cons are not there to stop you. They exist to make you think through your process completely. You're not supposed to let them stop you from moving forward.
When I hear someone slowing themselves down in their conversation, I call them out on it. I like the person straight in the eye and tell them "do you realize what you're doing? You're like someone who's sitting in a car with the foot on the gas and the brake at the same time." You're sitting in a parked car that's not going anywhere. You're talking yourself into standing completely still.
If there's a burning desire inside you urging you to take on a new adventure, listen to everything your gut says. But don't let those objections stop you. Listen to them then address each 1 by 1. Sometimes I'll actually write down all of my objections then brainstorm ways to overcome them. It's a way of putting my mind at ease. If I leave them floating around in my mind, things get bad. They'll slowly evolve from being objections to concerns & worries. Worries are poison to the lifeblood of your dreams.
It's natural for us to conflicting thoughts whenever we venturre into something new. Our job is to challenge our own thoughts. Point out the falsehoods in your fear based thinking. Notice how you are intentionally holding yourself back because of concerns that may or may not happen. It's time to take your foot of the brake so you can allow your intentions to finally take form.
[ #TRENDING ]
- Foundation Drops | A Dream Come True if You're #Te...
- Model Grace Mahary Reminds Us How To Get That Summ...
- How I came to believe that I could earn a $10,000 ...
- This Simple At-Home Treatment Will Remove Your Str...
- Style Edit // Summer Festival Lookbook
- Using The Power of Your Mind to Create the Perfect...
- 3 Ways I'll Incorporate Activated Charcoal into my...
- Is Pine Cone Extract the Key to having Toned, Firm...
- 10 Proven Methods To Eliminate Acne Scars For Good...
- Stop Your Doubts from Sabotaging Your Dreams
- The Four Phases of Growing Your Business to Six Fi...
- Is This Alternative Facial Treatment The All Natur...
- Yet another use for coconut oil that you've never ...
- How to Reach Your Goals without Taking That Much A...
- ▼ April ( 14 )
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal