Happy Friday everyone & Happy Valentine's day! Hopefully your day will be filled with loads of love and appreciation. Today is also (Health &) Fitness Friday. Since today is a special day, I'd like to engage in a conversation with you about love. More specifically, loving yourself.
Telling someone you love them is one thing, but showing love and appreciation takes it to another level. Too often we fail to demonstrate love to the person who needs it the most....ourselves. Life gets super busy and we place all of our energy on fulfilling the needs & demands of others. Sometimes this happens at the mercy of our own well being. Today I'm here to preach the message of showing love to oneself. One of the most common ways to show you love someone or something is by taking great care of it.
Sometimes when I think if my fitness journey, I see it through the lens of "I need to get my body right!" Rarely do I say to myself "I haven't been taking care of myself lately." Same thing when my water intake is low. I start thinking, "I got to drink more so my skin can get better" not "I haven't been putting myself first." When I don't sleep enough it's "I need to sleep more because I'm starting to look really exhausted." I can go on. But the point is that I realize that my actions are fueled by the desire to "fix" a situation rather than from a place of true care and concern. If I truly did what I did from a place of love, my actions would be consistent. I'd act proactively and consistently. No more reacting to outward signs of neglect.
My last 7 Day Challenge was an amazing success so I'm maintaining that habit and layering a new one. For the next 7 Days (and beyond), I will do "the things I know I should do" out of love and care for myself, not merely out of obligation. I've set a daily reminder on my phone that reads:
"I love you!" I will care for you by drinking water, exercising and making sure I look my best. My goal is to create a mindset shift so I wake up every morning thinking of ways to love myself. To love my hair, my skin, my mind, my body, my environment, my financial situation, my life! Would you like to join me in a 7 Day Love Myself Challenge?
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- New In.
- My newest technique for ultra moisturized hair.
- Monday Motivation | Building the Ark
- Trend Watch| Filigree Embellishment
- OOTD | The Calm Before the Storm
- Fitness Friday| Getting exercise without feeling l...
- Stronger Hair | KHairPep can repair chemically da...
- Avoiding Setbacks| Prepare for the worst
- First Impressions | Oscar Blandi Dry Heat Protect...
- Monday Motivation| Bring your desires into existen...
- Day in the Life | An afternoon in L.A.
- Inspired By.
- Fitness Friday | Love Yourself
- Why I'm going back to Dry Deep Conditioning
- 7 Day Challenge | Regular Moisturizing + Sealing
- First Impressions | Iman CC Corrector & Cover
- Motivational Monday | The one factor that can have...
- The Lust List| What I'm Currently Craving
- Style Obsession | The Denim Shirt
- Fitness Friday| Living with no Regrets
- Welcome Back! Hubner's Silica Gel
- Avoiding Set Backs Series | Acting Fast
- Love Her Look: Casually put together
- Motivation Monday | Raising your financial thermos...
- Two inches of Hair Growth in 5 days?!
- ▼ February ( 25 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal