Each week I sit down to conduct a ritual that I've done for many years. And, for the most part, my pre-poo has been pretty much the same. Sure, I switch up products from time to time but overall, I've been doing the pre-poo on auto pilot.
One issue that I've been plagued with throughout my entire hair journey is damage that occurs in small sections. When I'm diligent in practicing the strand ceremony, meaning when I applying product in the teeniest sections possible week after week I see great results. However, a true strand ceremony takes a lot of time which is my excuse for the times I deviate from the process.
But what if I could tweak the pre-poo process so I can get what I want? The strand ceremony works but I'm only getting 50% of what is possible. What if I could take the process up one notch to eradicate weak areas once and for all. So here's what I'm going to do.
1. Utilize the process of parting my hair in extremely small sections.
2. Prepare two batches of product. One batch for my thick, healthy hair. One batch for my weak damaged section.
Instead of applying a basic moisturizing conditioner to weak damaged areas, I'll experiment spot treating the weaker areas with a protein rich moisturizing conditioner. My hope is that, over time, those weaker areas will become stronger and soon, I'll have an entire head of healthy strands. Oh, and I won't forget to utilize Yahya's amazing tip of adding protein rich conditioners on the ends. So that's the plan. I really do think this could be key in transforming my hair overall.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- Good Eats| Shrimp + Grits Recipe
- On being Beautiful
- Fitness Friday | Are you ready for the crop top
- Healthy Hair | Treating damaged areas one section ...
- Hydrate your Skin 5 Ways | Drink your moisturizer...
- First Impressions | Redken Steam Infusion Iron
- Happy Endings | Can burning your ends make them he...
- Style Obsession | Cobalt
- Monday Motivation - Staying Committed - Mid Year C...
- Nailed It | Pretty in Pastels
- NEW IN.
- PURIFY | Creating a ritual for detoxifying the sk...
- Love Her Look | Karreuche Tran on date night
- DIY Scalp Stimuation + Exfoliation Sugar Scrub
- Inspired by.
- The reason why I am switching relaxers.
- Fit Friday | Why I love my ankle weights
- Skin care advice given to me by a celebrity at the...
- Hydrate your sexy | Evian Facial Spray
- Motivation Monday | Moving from a feeling of lack ...
- Beautiful Morning | NeoCell Super Collagen Morning...
- ▼ June ( 21 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal