There are days when I'm on the road for three-four hours at a time. I hate those times because I'm directly exposed to the rays of the sun the entire time. I do apply sunscreen but I also wondered if there are way I can naturally boost up my natural sun protection levels. I didn't know that was actually a thing until I searched online. It turns out that there are ways to help reduce our skin's sensitivity to the sun simply by what we consume.
fermented cod liver oil or by enjoying some nutrient rich sardines.
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy lots fresh fruit. One fruit I'll be consuming plenty of this summer is watermelon. Watermelon is high in lycopene which has been shown to protect our skin from the harmful effects of the sun. There was a study done where people who consumed a high lycopene food (tomato paste) daily for 12 weeks where shown to have 33% higher sun protection than the control group. I'm not sure if I can eat tomato paste everyday but I'd be happy to enjoy watermelon daily. Not to mention that watermelon is supper hydrating which can make up for those times when I haven't drank as much water as I should.
Remember my post on Harmonized water? Well, they also offer a sun protection water that alleges to help protect your skin while you drink your water. Of all the variations of Harmonized Water on the market, the UV Neutralizer is the only one that I could actually find reviews online. Although the premise of the product sounds crazy, some of the people who tried it actually said they could go out in the sun, after taking the UV Neutralizer, without experiencing redness or sunburn. Not sure if it really works or if it's the placebo affect. It's certainly worth looking into.
Instagram Beaut Secrets post. Since then, I reader wrote to me sharing how much she loved Coola. For this reason, Coola is on my cravings list.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- Relaxed Healthy Hair Inspirations from Instragram
- Love her look | All Black Everything
- Financial Abundance | Shiftng our mindset from con...
- First Impressions | The Super Elixir Green Powder
- The real key to having a great facial structure (a...
- Why you should be resistance training like your li...
- Motivation Monday| Stop letting the beliefs of a c...
- Beauty Secrets of a 50 year old Super Model Unicor...
- DIY Glam Glow treatment mud at home
- Style Obsession | The Curly Top Knot
- The Importance of Penetration in a Healthy Hair Re...
- First Impressions | The HydraFacial Experience
- Motivation Monday | Take the path of greatest resi...
- First Impressions | Linange Shea Butter Relaxer Re...
- Currently Craving | The Hydra Facial
- The Dewy Skin Formula
- Monday Motivation | Stop Combing the Mirror
- Monday Motivation | How to Master the Law of Attra...
- All Natural Sun Protection from the foods we eat
- Style Obsession | Embellished Skirt + Basic Top
- ▼ July ( 20 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal