I learned a very valuable lesson last week and I felt compelled to share it so you can avoid making the same mistake. As you read this post imagine me sitting across from you staring you directly in the eyes as I beg you to heed my words.
I consider myself somewhat risk averse. Simply put, I like to play it safe. I'd rather save my money than invest it. Before making a decision I like to weigh all the pros and cons. And I also tend to hesitate with taking action. Sometimes waiting until it's absolutely necessary before I take a step forward.
Every time I hesitate in taking action, I rationalize that I protecting myself from an undesirable outcome. I couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, it is my hesitation that actually creates the undesirable outcome. Any time that still, small voice tells me to take a step forward, I begin to logically break down the decision to see if it makes sense. Nine times out of ten, I eventually end up going with my first inclination. And when I do, I realize how much my hesitation cost me.
Listen. Every time you take a new action, you receive a new result. Every time you hesitate, you are preventing that new result from coming into your life. Every time your inner voice tells you to do something....you should consider that message as prompt to move into a new (wonderful) territory. Forget the reasons and excuses. Whenever the voice prompts. Ask yourself this question. What good will come if I do this now? Chances are, you will experience several benefits if you take that step. If you don't, you'll lose. Maybe lose is too strong of a word. Let's just say that there is a cost. You delay the possibility of something new, wonderful, and amazing from happening. You prevent yourself from moving forward.
Do me a favor, next time you hear the prompt to take a new action. Analyze all the potential benefits that may come from moving forward with the action immediately versus putting it off. Think about how much further along you will be if you start today. Then go!
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- Style Obsession | This Jacket is the Bomb
- Monday Motivation | Hesitation leads to regret
- Micro Trimming Part II - Keys to making the proces...
- Happy Endings | The Micro Trimming Method for Thic...
- The Beauty Secret of the actress who hasn't aged i...
- Monday Motivation | Use the Domino Effect to chang...
- Style Inspiration | Date Night
- Inspired By | Achieving Flawless Skin
- Fearless Friday | Make Friday the day your conquer...
- Currently Craving | The Perfect Perm Rod Set
- 5 Awesome Things to do before you shower
- Motivation Monday | The Reason why your results ar...
- Five Actions I will take to regrow my nape
- Instagram Beauty Secrets Part 5
- Why I love Tiger Protein Reconstructor so darn muc...
- Five Beauty Treatments I do from my Hotel Room.
- Motivation Monday | How I will finish 2014 strong
- How I was able to find Kanechom Conditioners at 50...
- Hair Journey Feature | How she achieved waist len...
- Monday Motivation | Learning to Love the Process.
- ▼ September ( 20 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal