Monday, December 22, 2014
Motivation Monday | Choose one success technique and master it!
Years ago my favorite past time was to visit my local library or book store in search of the next motivational, self help book that would have the key to all of my desires. The problem is that I pretty much jumped from one book to the next without putting much practice into the lessons I learned. Things moved in my life but not at the pace that I wanted.
Then one day I stumbled upon an old interview of the late Phyllis Diller where she talked about taking on the principles of the Magic of Believing and applying it to her life. She studied the book for two years. Reading and reading it daily, underlining the most important aspects and PRACTICING the techniques over and over again in her daily life until she mastered them.
Once upon a time I chose to practice visualization several times a day. I was so bad at visualizing that I forced myself to do it often so I can get better. When I first began, my mind was all over the place and I could barely picture anything that wasn't already in existence. With each day that passed, the visions became clearer and easier to formulate (and manifest). Could you imagine where I'd be right now if I chose to keep that habit up for years like Phyllis and Tony did? This coming year I plan on selecting a few principles to practice as a daily habit. Some techniques that immediately come to mind are:
+ Writing & rewriting down my goals each day.
+ Visualizing goals each day.
+ Practice The Slight Edge Principle.
+ Pray, meditate and study the Bible daily.
+ Study one self help book for the year (practice the principles over and over).
I can go on but I'll keep this list short for the sake of brevity and focus. Let's not be like the guy who's practiced 10,000 kicks once. This person has no power. But the person who has one or two moves that they've practiced over and over again, to the point of mastery is able to accomplish anything.
Which technique do you plan on mastering in 2015?
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- Air drying | Experience your sexiest skin ever!
- Motivation Monday | Move to the edge of your comfo...
- Style Inspo // Sunday Brunch.
- Why I'm never wearing lipstick again.
- IV Vitamin Infusion & why celebrities love this tr...
- My favorite pair of Aldo heels @ nearly 70% off
- Motivation Monday | Choose one success technique a...
- Nightly Ritual | Beauty Tea + Hair Tonic
- Insta Moments | @lifeasnadege
- Instagram Beauty Secret | How this "Basketball Wif...
- "It works!" Yet another advocate of nail rubbing ...
- Could Silicon Mix + Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor...
- Motivation Monday | Breaking the cycle of mindless...
- Countdown to New Year | Time for a mini makeover
- My 2015 List of Intentions
- Fit Friday | Losing Weight in the easiest way poss...
- How to create the deep nude lip (it's much easier ...
- Beauty Obsession | The Deepest Nudes
- All the Celebrities are doing it! The Case for Dai...
- Monday Motivation | Reward yourself for everything...
- Why twist+ braid outs might be better for length r...
- ▼ December ( 21 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal