Friday, November 27, 2015
How to guarantee that you don't gain weight this Holiday Season.
Let's not go down that familiar path. Instead, let's implement a sure fire strategy that will keep us from gaining excessive weight over the coming weeks. No one wants to have to cram into an over crowded gym on January 1. That's why it's critical to implement this no brainer technique starting today.
So here's the fool proof technique. I call it the "at home vacation." There are two types of vacations.
You go away to an exotic location, you eat excessively, and lay on the beach all day. When you return home, you're several pounds heavier than when you left.
You go away to an exotic location, you eat excessively, and you walk everywhere. When you return home, you are the same weight (or even lighter).
Just this week, a friend of mine returned from Vegas, the land of all-you-eat-buffets. They boasted of not gaining any weight even though they ate to their heart's content. They attributed their succesful results to all the walking they did while there.
We've probably all experienced both types of vacations in our lives.
It's that simple. Just incorporate walking into your daily routine and you won't have to worry about ballooning in weight over the upcoming weeks. The new year comes brings with it new opportunities and possibilities, the last thing I want to do is start a work out plan. So I've decided to walk 45 minutes to an hour a day at a nearby park. Normally, 30 minutes a day would be adequate, but I've decided to up the total time to a hour a day due to all the extra calorie intake. While there, I'll plan my day, make phones calls, or listen to audio book. And I know for a fact that I'll likely be fitter at the end of year than I am now. The "at home vacation" strategy is awesome.
But don't take my word for it.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- Monday Motivation | Great things happen when you s...
- How to guarantee that you don't gain weight this H...
- Instagram Beauty Secret | Diddy reminds us to step...
- Moisturizer Mashup | Take your facial moisture ro...
- Monday Motivation | Stop feeding the things that y...
- Decor Inspo || Coffee Table Ambiance
- New In | Sephora Beauty Haul
- How to create your best skin ever this winter.
- Nude Nail Colors I'm Absolutely Loving at the Mome...
- Monday Motivation | Creating your End of Year Ritu...
- The Best Dating Advice I've Given, Ever.
- Eternal Youth || Why Vitamin D needs to be a part...
- How Meal Prep Containers have changed my life.
- Monday Motivation | Answer this question....It cou...
- Lifestyle Design | My First Infrared Sauna Experie...
- Instagram Beauty Secret | Good Genes Lactic Acid S...
- Eternal Youth | Mastering your Beautiful Hands Rou...
- Hair Regimen Essentials || Healthy Scalp Treatment...
- Motivation Monday | Stop with the "What ifs"
- ▼ November ( 19 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal