Not long after turning 30, I noticed something peculiar happening to my body. I noticed a subtle change. I would feel my legs and could get a sense of what was happening beneath the surface. It was as if my inner thigh muscle was secretly & slowly being replaced by fat. Worse yet, my legs remained relatively the same size. So if I hadn't paid any attention, my muscle loss would have continued on.
At that point, I decided to get a gym membership. But instead of allotting all of my time to the treadmill and elliptical, I'd head upstairs and leverage the resistance machines. Months later, the fat stores were diminished as muscle mass returned. Clothes fit better, energy levels where up and, overall, I felt better about myself.
Lean muscle is good for us in so many ways. Our metabolism increases, along with our glucose metabolism which, in turn diminishes the risk of diabetes. As we build muscle, our ability to burn fat rises. Our energy levels skyrocket. And let's face it, having good muscle tone is should be a life goal for each one of us. But we don't do it simply to look amazing in our crop tops. We do it because a 2010 study found that resistance training helped improved the cognitive performance (brain functioning) of seniors over the course of a year. There are too many benefits to ignore. Your body looks better, your heart gets stronger and your brain functions better. Just know that, with each day that passes in which we choose not to incorporate strength training our muscles atrophy. Slowly fat will creep in to take its place. No one wants that.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- Relaxed Healthy Hair Inspirations from Instragram
- Love her look | All Black Everything
- Financial Abundance | Shiftng our mindset from con...
- First Impressions | The Super Elixir Green Powder
- The real key to having a great facial structure (a...
- Why you should be resistance training like your li...
- Motivation Monday| Stop letting the beliefs of a c...
- Beauty Secrets of a 50 year old Super Model Unicor...
- DIY Glam Glow treatment mud at home
- Style Obsession | The Curly Top Knot
- The Importance of Penetration in a Healthy Hair Re...
- First Impressions | The HydraFacial Experience
- Motivation Monday | Take the path of greatest resi...
- First Impressions | Linange Shea Butter Relaxer Re...
- Currently Craving | The Hydra Facial
- The Dewy Skin Formula
- Monday Motivation | Stop Combing the Mirror
- Monday Motivation | How to Master the Law of Attra...
- All Natural Sun Protection from the foods we eat
- Style Obsession | Embellished Skirt + Basic Top
- ▼ July ( 20 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal