My ravenous shopping habits have lead me to reach the status of Sephora VIB (very important beauty insider). Every once in a while an email lands in my inbox with an exclusive offer for VIB members. Most often, I ignore them, but this time I had to take full advantage. They were offering various free samples with a minimum purchase. On the list of offers was GlamGlow's Youthcleanse.
I'm a fan of GlamGlow. The clearing mud has got to be one of my all time favorites. So when I saw the opportunity to try their cleansing, exfoliating mud, I was all over it. Luckily for me, I stumbled upon NARS satin lip pencil in Rikugien days earlier and absolutely need to add it to my beauty collection. After adding the lip pencil, the special sharpener and a mascara to my basket, I'd reached the minimum required to get my free sample of GlamGlow.
What intrigued me about YouthCleanse is that it cleanses, exfoliates and has mask-like qualities all in one. Sometimes one doesn't have the time to execute three separate steps in your facial regimen. Feels good to know that one product can save a little time and change the look of your skin in one session.
Here's a little background about the product:
YOUTHCLEANSE™ is a revolutionary Mud to Foam™ daily cleanser that combines the power of mud and the performance of foam for an innovative cleansing experience. It transforms into a gentle and effective foaming lather that dissolves makeup and impurities while removing dead surface cells.
It is formulated with Brazilian superfruits acai, guarana, and acerola to provide potent antioxidants and flaxseed and quinoa, which are rich in omegas 3, 6, and 9 for stronger, healthier-looking skin. French sea clay revitalizes skin, microalgae scrub and phytic acid extreme gently exfoliate, and TEAOXI® green tea leaf delivers EGCG super antioxidants to protect against free radicals—working with ground ginkgo biloba leaf to optimize the skin’s natural renewal process. YOUTHCLEANSE™ helps to maintain the results of your current weekly GLAMGLOW® treatments.
This morning I had the chance to try it for myself and here are my initial thoughts. The product itself has a thick liquid consistency. Sorta like a lotion (but not). The creamier consistency allows for easy application on a dry face (per instructions). Once the product is completely applied, you then dampen your hands and rub them together, causing the product left on your hand to foam.
As you apply the YouthCleanse to your face and when you massage the product, you'll feel the tiny grains that work to exfoliate. Although it kinda feels like a mask on the skin, the instructions state clearly that it's not meant to be used as a mask. Meaning, it doesn't dry onto the skin and you don't have to wait forever for it to dry before removing.
After a few moments of massaging the product in, I rinsed it off pretty easily. Immediately, I touched my skin which felt smooth and exfoliated. Overall, I was really pleased with how YouthCleanse performed. According to the product info, this is meant to be a daily cleanser. In my experience, the product was a little too drying to be used daily. I mean, it cleanses, exfoliates, and has mask-like qualities all in one. Of course could be a little drying. This product would have been perfect back when I traveled a lot. Instead of having to pack a mask, exfoliating products and a cleanser, I'd grab my YouthCleanse and be set. I also see this as a perfect product for after working out or a steam room session. GlamGlow Youthcleanse is made for those moments you're short on time but want to do a quick exfoliation and cleanse at once. Or when you're feeling lazy and don't want to conduct a full on at home facial.
I will definitely purchase the full size.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- What I hope to experience by floating in a sensory...
- Monday Motivation | Work on behalf of your future ...
- Cleanse with this if you want clear, acne-free ski...
- NEW IN.
- Life Elevated | Why I decided to get a cleaning la...
- Here's how to upgrade water in your L.O.C. moistur...
- Monday Motivation | Use the "Micro-Method" to beat...
- Style Inspo| What to Wear (or buy) This Weekend
- First Impressions | GlamGlow Youthcleanse Exfoliat...
- The Real Reason why Vaseline is a powerful Anti-Ag...
- Monday Motivation | Have you developed your person...
- 4 Ways to Create a More Abundant Environment Now.
- Insta Beauty Secret | Giorgio Armani Luminious Sil...
- Five reasons to wear makeup more often than you do...
- "Lemme upgrade ya" | Flawless Beauty Tips from Bey...
- Feature | From neck length, to set back to a glori...
- Monday Motiviation | You say you want to do it, bu...
- Should you be putting probiotics on your face for ...
- Fearless Friday | Could your fear be causing to yo...
- What to drink to be effortlessly flawless.
- Monday Motivation |How to be your own boss (litera...
- Avoiding Set Backs: Master Pre-Detangling
- ▼ August ( 22 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal