We are well over due for another celebrity beauty secret post. What better celebrity to learn from then the Queen B herself? So far, we've collected a few beauty tidbits from her regimen including the importance of drinking at least a gallon of water a day, going to bed greasy, and exfoliating consistently.
Today, I offer even more details to add to our ever growing list of Beyonce's beauty rituals. Her makeup artist, Sir John Barnett shared some really insightful beauty secrets that we assume, he's passed on to her while applying high end makeup to her flawless face.
We recently learned that you get more bang for your buck if you exfoliate at night. But there are times when we our skin needs a quick "pick me up." Which is why I love Dr. Dennis Gross' Alpha Beta peels for easy, no fuss exfoliation (day or night).
Nutra Bisse's Diamond infused skin cream. She even references it in her "Upgrade Ya" song lyrics. My first thought was on how decadent the experience sounded. Slathering your face in diamond cream has got to be the ultimate in beauty routines.
Maybe we can't moisturize with Diamond cream (yet) but we can implement the next tip that Sir John Bennett has for us to use eye cream all over the entire face. It kinda makes sense when we think about it. Eye creams are usually a bit more concentrated and powerful. Sir John also mentions that the particles of eye products are refined to easily absorb into the delicate skin around the eye area. We could expose our skin up to a whole new level of moisturization by trying this technique. Don't just stop there, Sir John also encourages us to apply face cream below the chin. This means using our antioxidant rich creams on our neck, decollete, hands, elbows and even our arms and legs. Sounds pretty opulent, but then again, we deserve to expose ourselves in this level of self-care.
A study done on the topical effects of vitamin K demonstrated that it aided in helping to combat inflammation and even reducing under eye circles. One website claimed that the reason why vitamin K helps with dark circles is because it helps promote blood flow to that area. So maybe Sir John has a point. It sounds almost like vitamin K applied topically can make you look well rested, which is a wonderful beauty secret.
"Juice lots of kale" is Sir John's recommendation. If I may, I'll also suggest that you incorporate fermented cod liver oil into your diet. Not only does it contain vitamin A, D, & E, which are amazing for the skin, fermented cod liver oil is also fortified with a highly absorbable form of vitamin K. So if you've allowed your supply of fermented cod liver to run low, it's time to stock up. If you're looking to experience the benefits of applying vitamin K topically, check out the various K-infused face creams offered online and slather it all over you body.
I don't know about you, but I'm excited about simple but possibly life changing beauty tips. Best of all, we don't have to run out and buy a cream made with diamonds to put them into practice. You can read Sir John's entire interview here.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- What I hope to experience by floating in a sensory...
- Monday Motivation | Work on behalf of your future ...
- Cleanse with this if you want clear, acne-free ski...
- NEW IN.
- Life Elevated | Why I decided to get a cleaning la...
- Here's how to upgrade water in your L.O.C. moistur...
- Monday Motivation | Use the "Micro-Method" to beat...
- Style Inspo| What to Wear (or buy) This Weekend
- First Impressions | GlamGlow Youthcleanse Exfoliat...
- The Real Reason why Vaseline is a powerful Anti-Ag...
- Monday Motivation | Have you developed your person...
- 4 Ways to Create a More Abundant Environment Now.
- Insta Beauty Secret | Giorgio Armani Luminious Sil...
- Five reasons to wear makeup more often than you do...
- "Lemme upgrade ya" | Flawless Beauty Tips from Bey...
- Feature | From neck length, to set back to a glori...
- Monday Motiviation | You say you want to do it, bu...
- Should you be putting probiotics on your face for ...
- Fearless Friday | Could your fear be causing to yo...
- What to drink to be effortlessly flawless.
- Monday Motivation |How to be your own boss (litera...
- Avoiding Set Backs: Master Pre-Detangling
- ▼ August ( 22 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal