Monday, November 16, 2015
Monday Motivation | Creating your End of Year Ritual
Happy Monday! We're already midway through November. In several weeks, 2015 will be over and we'll be entering into a new year. This time of year is really special to me. To me, the countdown to the approaching year makes me want to step up my level of action. The procrastinator in me loves deadlines. Which is why this time of year excites me so much.
In the past, I would work all year long then request vacation the last two weeks of the year. My supervisors thought I was taking time off to visit friends and family. But in actuality, I was at home working long hours on my side business.
When January 3rd came around, I'd return back to work feeling very accomplished because of all the progress made. Looking back, I would say that last two weeks of the year have made a huge impact on the results I'm experiencing today. That simple act of intention is altering the course of my life.
This end of year process allows you to take a look at your current status while identifying the areas in your life where you need to make the greatest amount of progress. That way you aren't scrambling to make changes in your life on January 1, 2015. That rarely works. I prefer making the changes before hand, then making commitments on Jan 1 to continue this behavior into the brand new year.
I'm bringing up this topic a little early because this year, instead of creating the end of year ritual, I'd like to starting "living into" the end of year ritual. Meaning, instead of using the end of the year to declutter, I'll declutter ahead of time and enjoy the experience of being in a clean/organized environment. Instead of trying to lose a few stubborn pounds at the end of the year, I'll do it now, then I'll enjoy my new body by picking up a couple of dresses. My goal, the last two weeks of this year, is to live into my desired life for 2016.
Living into an experience is a powerful tool in the creation process in so many ways. I know the end of the year is super busy. The holidays are in full effect, you've got family in town, you're cooking meals for 100 people. I get it. But if we aren't careful, that time slips by and, before we know it, 2016 is here and we feel no closer to our goals than at the start of 2015. Let's try something different this time and live into our destiny.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- Monday Motivation | Great things happen when you s...
- How to guarantee that you don't gain weight this H...
- Instagram Beauty Secret | Diddy reminds us to step...
- Moisturizer Mashup | Take your facial moisture ro...
- Monday Motivation | Stop feeding the things that y...
- Decor Inspo || Coffee Table Ambiance
- New In | Sephora Beauty Haul
- How to create your best skin ever this winter.
- Nude Nail Colors I'm Absolutely Loving at the Mome...
- Monday Motivation | Creating your End of Year Ritu...
- The Best Dating Advice I've Given, Ever.
- Eternal Youth || Why Vitamin D needs to be a part...
- How Meal Prep Containers have changed my life.
- Monday Motivation | Answer this question....It cou...
- Lifestyle Design | My First Infrared Sauna Experie...
- Instagram Beauty Secret | Good Genes Lactic Acid S...
- Eternal Youth | Mastering your Beautiful Hands Rou...
- Hair Regimen Essentials || Healthy Scalp Treatment...
- Motivation Monday | Stop with the "What ifs"
- ▼ November ( 19 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal