A little while ago, I talked about the release of Face Touch Up Sticks by Bobbi Brown. These nifty little tools would give us the ability to correct flaws instantly and on the go. Immediately, they made my list of must have purchases.
But then, I received a comment on my Instagram feed from a reader who purchased the Bobbi Brown's retouching pencil and was pleased.
Of course, I headed to the Bobbi Brown counter at Neiman Marcus and to Sephora only to return empty handed. Sephora said they'd have them in store at the end of the month so I've marked my calendar.
I have little patience once an item hits my "to purchase" list so I had to appease my urges with a drug store concealer stick from Black Radiance. Let me tell you, this has to be one of my favorite acquisitions in a long time. I can't believe how useful it is. The True Complexion stick does so much more than conceal. Let me share how many amazing ways this little gem is adding value to my life.
(1). First and foremost, it's perfect for concealing in a snap. Sometimes, I don't feel like doing a full face, I just want to blur the discoloration that plagues my cheeks. This does just that. The coverage is enough to create the effect I'm looking for.
(2). Once I'm done covering the scars, I then move on to my eyes. First I conceal the dark under eye, then add a little to my lids. This concealer is a boss at evening out my dark eyelids. Sometimes my lids get a little shiny. When that happens, I just reach for my trusty concealer stick and...problem solved. Finally, I run the concealer stick along my brow bone. This gives my brows instant definition even though I haven't actually done my brows.
(3). Once I've perfected the eye area, I move on to my lips. Yep. Having two-toned lips is a struggle. The solution to this dilemma is to even them out with the help of a concealer. Before my beloved corrector stick, I would apply a little foundation to my lips to create the same effect. Only problem with foundation is that it's a bit drying. This creates a similar result but without the unwanted side effect. Sometimes, I just rub a little on my lips, finish off with balm and, voila, I have the most natural shade of nude lips ever.
As you can see, this so much more than just a mere concealer stick. It's an all-on-one beauty essential. Perfect if you want to pack light and still have everything you might need. The Black Radiance concealer is great but I've reserved a special place in my heart for Bobbi Brown's Retouching Pencil. Once I've had a chance to try both, I may do a comparison review.
[ #TRENDING ]
- I'm going to get my Lashes Lifted!
- Beauty Splurge | The high end products these cele...
- How I'm going to spend my quarterly bonus.
- Monday Motivation | Creating the Space for your Su...
- Beauty Must Have | The skin enhancing product that...
- New In.
- Study says these supplements can improve hair thic...
- Monday Motivation | Spring into Action
- Glowing by Summer | Why green water might be the u...
- Your Pre-Summer Detox Routine | Clear Skin, Purge...
- Spring Mood.
- The Healthy cuticle Flat Iron with plates made of ...
- "Dewy Skin in a Bottle" | The Facial Mist that giv...
- Three Reasons why you need a concealer stick in yo...
- The workout that blasts body fat in only 3 minutes...
- Monday Motivation | Always Be Creating
- Beauty Hack | How to carry coconut oil with you wh...
- Beauty Must Have | How to moisturize your skin + h...
- Style Obsession | The TANK DRESS
- ▼ March ( 19 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal