So I went searching and I actually found a few lip balm products that incorporate hydrating ingredients like, water, aloe vera, and coconut water.
Here we go!
NIVEA HYDRA CARE
- Offers SPF 15 protection
- Includes water & aloe vera in the list of hydrating ingredients.
- Leaves a light and soft feeling on your lips.
- Also contains shea butter, castor oil, and glycerin to seal in moisture.
OES COCONUT MILK LIP BALM
- Cult Product in the beauty industry.
- 99% natural with shea butter, vitamin C &E
- Moisturizes with olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, and water.
- OES coconut milk actually contains water as an ingredient while their other OES varieties do not.
ALBA BOTANICA LIP BALM
- 100% vegetarian formula.
- Coconut oil is first ingredient! Great for those who don't like petroleum based lip products.
- Also has aloe leaf extract, rosemary extract, vitamin E.
- Smells like yummy coconut.
SHISEIDO WATER IN LIP (the name itself says it all)
- Asian Beauty product available in the U.S.
- Contains squalene which is a moisturizer and emollient.
- Has water and vitamin E
- Contains lemon for its astringent properties.
These are a few options for you to start with. Maybe a lip balm with real hydrating ingredients is just what you've been missing. I can't wait to pick up a few of these. Since I switch out handbags pretty regularly, I like to keep a lip balm in each one that way I'm never without. Anytime I leave the house without a handbag, the only two products I truly miss is my lotion on lip balm.
Anytime we reach for a lip balm, it's 'cause our lips are dry. Does it make sense to slather your dry lips with petroleum? Maybe, but why not hydrate, moisturize and protect?
But always remember that true lip hydration only comes when you are consuming adequate amounts of water. So, take a huge swig of water, moisturize your lip with one of these babies, and feel fabulous.
//Shop Hydrating Lip Balms//