Years back, I was on a massive manhunt for effective tools to melt through tangles with the greatest of ease. My search lead me to multi-rowed combs. They seemed to have the ability to power through tough knots and tangles without causing much damage to the hair (unlike the Tangle Teezer). I found a few drug store brand versions with two rows of teeth but the most powerful of all the detangling combs I found was Ouidad's Double Tangling Comb. This thing is massive. But it found that it worked quite well. The only issue I had with the comb is that it seemed a bit awkward to use at times because of it's enormous size.
Then eventually I discovered Mason Pearson's rake comb and fell in love. It just seems gentler on my hair in general. Whenever I'm working through tangled hair with the Mason Pearson, my mind is at ease knowing that I'm using the most gentle comb I've ever come across. But....in the back of my mind, I kinda missed the additional power that comes with the second row of teeth.
amazing Goody hair pins that I love oh so much. Then I ran further down the aisle and began filling my cart with Scunci No Slip gel ponytail holders (which are absolutely awesome).
Suddenly, from the corner of my eye, I noticed what looked like a smaller version of Ouidad's Double Row Comb. It seems that Conair created their own version of the curl loving comb. Except Conair's was smaller and their teeth had a squiggly pattern to it. I thought about it for about half a second before tossing that bad boy into my cart.
Conair's double row comb together made the entire detangling session so much easier. When comparing one super detangling comb to another, I would say that Ouidad's is built better. This comb will come in extremely handy if you have LOTS of thick hair. But since I detangle in smaller sections, Conair's version gives me better handling. Both do a great job.
If anyone out there feeling defeated by the amount of work it takes to detangle your thick hair, please consider giving this unique looking comb a try. Sure, the Conair comb is a bit of a knockoff, but I actually believe they improved on the design slightly by shrinking the comb. Not to mention the savings of $20.00 which you can use to buy another super detangling product, like It's a 10 Leave In.
[ #TRENDING ]
- Monday Motivation | How quickly do you want to exp...
- Your Pre-Night Out Perfect Skin Ritual (part 1).
- Wait.... Can sleeping naked actually help you burn...
- What's your Daily Action Plan for eliminating acne...
- Why Korean Pig-Collagen Masks may be the best thin...
- Monday Motivation | Time will validate all of your...
- Targeted Belly Fat Loss is actually possible with ...
- Style Obsession | Chic Shirt Dress
- The Winter Skin Hydrator that works better than lo...
- Monday Motivation | Are you lying to yourself abo...
- Are you wearing your holy grail foundation? If not...
- Battle of the double rowed, super detangling combs...
- "Immediate Glow Factor" - Why the HydraFacial may ...
- Motivation Monday | 5 Work Ethic videos that'll ki...
- Why Cortisol is your greatest enemy (and what to d...
- Healthy Hair Resolutions 2016
- Craving | Bobby Brown Retouching Pencil for flawle...
- 2016 Beauty Resolutions
- Monday Motivation | Focus. Focus. Focus.
- ▼ February ( 19 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal