Thursday, April 7, 2016
Flawless By Summer | Lotion Boosters that perfectly evens out your skin tone
So let's start building the habits now that'll give us the results we want. I'm a big believer in products and routines that multitask. One thing that 100% of us do each and every day is lotion up after the shower. Most of us do it for the purpose of preventing dryness. But why not tweak it so we get additional benefits as well.
What I'm talking about is pairing your lotion with boosters with the ability to even out our skin tone. Today we'll talk about a few options that can easily be combined with your lotion. The first lotion booster is an all time favorite of mine. It's pure vitamin E. My brother popped a vitamin E capsule on his scar every single day after receiving several stitches for a severe gash. Years later, he has practically no signs of scarring. A while back, I would slather my face with vitamin E oil before bed as part of my "go to bed greasy regimen." I woke up with a glow that you wouldn't believe. Now, I'll be adding a couple of drops of vitamin E to my post shower body oil routine. I'll also be experimenting with adding vitamin C serum to my body lotion as well and see what unfolds.
Another booster I'm excited to use is rosehip seed oil. What really sold me was reading about a study where women who used rosehip oil for three weeks, saw significant improvement in surface wrinkles and fading of spots. By the end of the four month study, they claimed their skin was way smoother and most of their spots had disappeared. Now, who wouldn't want to slather this miracle oil all over their body?
For problem areas, you want to use a lotion that will work hard to lighten pigmentation. I used to break out on my chest and back and was plagued with embarrassing scars. My salvation came in the form of daily exfoliation. Scrubbing in the shower every day gave me normal skin again. But that takes a while. If I had to do it all again with limited time, I would definitely grab a lactic acid lotion. Or maybe one that combines lactic and glycolic acid together like this one from Planet Earth.
I suggest a holistic routine that incorporates physical exfoliation (scrubbing) with boosters that continue to promote even toned skin once you step out of the shower. And by pairing it with something you do every day anyway, you'll have zero excuses for bringing out your flawlessness by summer.
[ #TRENDING ]
- Have your cake and eat it too! How to eat sweets ...
- Mark your Calendars! Dyson is launching the Hair D...
- My quest to recreate the Korean Bathhouse experien...
- Style Inspiration | ADORNED IN DELICATE ACCENTS
- Why Micellar water will be my go-to beauty product...
- Monday Motivation | Why your Bad Days are so awes...
- Keep doing your scalp massages, this study shows t...
- Why Carbonated Water might be the best thing ever!...
- ODE to the Greasy Pre-Shampoo Treatment.
- MANIFESTATION JOURNALING | Write out the Reality y...
- Rosehip Oil. Where have you been all my life?
- Finacial Freedom | Breaking free from paycheck add...
- Insta Beauty Secret | Let's peek into Ashley's tra...
- #Waistsnatched | Hula Hoop your way to a smaller w...
- Monday Motivation | You're Never Gonna Feel Like I...
- The Pretty Panty Experiment | What happens when yo...
- Flawless By Summer | Lotion Boosters that perfectl...
- Finally found the exfoliating cleanser I've been l...
- Monday Motivation | Here's how to get your promoti...
- Study says that walking can create a smaller waist...
- Follow my blog with Bloglovin
- ▼ April ( 21 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal