We have about 100 days left in the year (yes I am counting down). My intention is to max out as much potential from these last 100 days as I possibly can. What I plan to do is leverage the power of small actions to compound and eventually provide a significant impact. Someone said it best when he stated that every day, we should focus on knocking over the domino.
Take a look at this quick video as an illustration.
I love where the guy said that a domino can knock over another domino that is 1.5X larger. That is a really powerful message if you think really about it. Notice how small the first domino is. Heck, I'm not even sure we can label it a domino.....more like a chicklet. The largest domino is 100 lbs. Then the guy goes on to blow our minds by saying that if they had 29 dominos in place (each one 1.5x larger than the last), then the tiny chicklet would essentially have the power to knock over a domino the size of the empire state building.
Then he goes into the science and proclaims that only a little bit of push is required to bring the "domino" to the tipping point. Then you get all that energy back again which is more than enough to knock over the next domino. This is a brilliant example of how massive results can be created from small actions. When the guy said that we should knock over a domino each day, he was referring to taking one action that creates energy (momentum) to propel into the next action. Soon all of the energy builds up and we are knocking over even larger dominos than when we first started. Next thing we know, we have built up enough potential to create the greatest of results.
For the past week or so, I've been applying the 1% rule into my daily actions. Basically, I work to improve what I do by just a little bit each day knowing that my actions are compounding over time. My goal is by the end of the day, I've improved in some way, shape of form, over how I performed the day before. This, my friends, is my way of knocking over a domino. I take an action, no matter how small, towards goals.
To ensure that I'm focusing on enjoying the process, I celebrate the act of taking action instead of looking for a result. The result is coming. It's inevitable as long as I keep improving even by 1% . Can you imagine how big the domino we knock over in 2015 will be if we practice this habit today?
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- Style Obsession | This Jacket is the Bomb
- Monday Motivation | Hesitation leads to regret
- Micro Trimming Part II - Keys to making the proces...
- Happy Endings | The Micro Trimming Method for Thic...
- The Beauty Secret of the actress who hasn't aged i...
- Monday Motivation | Use the Domino Effect to chang...
- Style Inspiration | Date Night
- Inspired By | Achieving Flawless Skin
- Fearless Friday | Make Friday the day your conquer...
- Currently Craving | The Perfect Perm Rod Set
- 5 Awesome Things to do before you shower
- Motivation Monday | The Reason why your results ar...
- Five Actions I will take to regrow my nape
- Instagram Beauty Secrets Part 5
- Why I love Tiger Protein Reconstructor so darn muc...
- Five Beauty Treatments I do from my Hotel Room.
- Motivation Monday | How I will finish 2014 strong
- How I was able to find Kanechom Conditioners at 50...
- Hair Journey Feature | How she achieved waist len...
- Monday Motivation | Learning to Love the Process.
- ▼ September ( 20 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal