2014 has been a great year. I've made huge progress in some areas of my life, and not as much progress as I would have liked in others. Although we are only in the early part of September, my mind is already focusing on 2015. In particular, I'm thinking of the new goals/experiences I wish to establish for the upcoming year. One thing for sure, I want to utilize the last few months of the year to complete, or make major progress, on any of my outstanding goals.
We have 114 days left until the New Year. This gives us enough time to complete three 90 days challenges. This means we can elevate our financial situation, we can transform our body, we can make new friends, we can learn a new skill, we can make major progress on our hair goals. Whatever we want, it is possible. We just have to become intentional about it.
There are some goals that I've carried around with me for years. It's like I've gotten comfortable with the act of trying to achieve them instead of actually achieving them. So now I'm ready to get laser focused on two of my goals so I can achieve or make major progress on them within the remainder of the year.
I'm aware that if my actions look like they have for the past 9 months that my desired outcomes will not likely manifest. There has to be a new level of focus and intensity. Most importantly, there must be a new set of actions. There must be a new set of DAILY actions. I've got to do something everyday that contributes to the outcomes I want. Along with the actions. I need some method of accountability whether it means hiring a Life Coach or using a daily journal to track my progress or even a time log to document my actions. I don't know about you, but sometimes the idea of a 30, 60, or 90 day challenge seems daunting. That's why I prefer repeating a 7 day challenge over and over again. Technically I can do sixteen 7 day challenges between now and the end of the year.
Think about what's worked for you in past when setting goals. Employ all of those tactics and techniques to set you up for success. Think about the game of volleyball. Once the ball goes over the net, one person in the back volleys, then someone in the middle sets up the ball for a spike. In these last 100 days of the year, you can set up your goals or you can spike them. It's up to you. I want to achieve one of my two goals this year (spike it) and I want to make great progress on my other one (set it up for 2015).
Now the work begins. Today is the first day of the week which will mark the beginning of a new 7 day challenge. My first action is to identify what I will do every day this week that will move me closer to the two outcomes I desire. At the end of each week I will assess my progress and make adjustments needed for the week ahead. This process will be repeated week after week until the New Year begins. 2014 is going to be an amazing year.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- Style Obsession | This Jacket is the Bomb
- Monday Motivation | Hesitation leads to regret
- Micro Trimming Part II - Keys to making the proces...
- Happy Endings | The Micro Trimming Method for Thic...
- The Beauty Secret of the actress who hasn't aged i...
- Monday Motivation | Use the Domino Effect to chang...
- Style Inspiration | Date Night
- Inspired By | Achieving Flawless Skin
- Fearless Friday | Make Friday the day your conquer...
- Currently Craving | The Perfect Perm Rod Set
- 5 Awesome Things to do before you shower
- Motivation Monday | The Reason why your results ar...
- Five Actions I will take to regrow my nape
- Instagram Beauty Secrets Part 5
- Why I love Tiger Protein Reconstructor so darn muc...
- Five Beauty Treatments I do from my Hotel Room.
- Motivation Monday | How I will finish 2014 strong
- How I was able to find Kanechom Conditioners at 50...
- Hair Journey Feature | How she achieved waist len...
- Monday Motivation | Learning to Love the Process.
- ▼ September ( 20 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal