Hey, good to see you again. I want to tell you about something I did which just saved me nearly $100.00. You see, after I became addicted to Evian facial mist last summer, I discovered that Chanel carries a luxury facial mist infused with skin loving ingredients. Evian was cool and all, but I wanted to add a little something extra, beyond water, to my skin with every mist. I fell in love with the idea of rejuvenating the skin with antioxidants and hydration at any given point of the day. But alas, the $90.00 price tag kept me at bay. Y'all know I have no problem splurging on higher end items but I really couldn't see myself putting that kinda money on a 1.7 oz bottle in which the first ingredient is water.
Time passed and I filed away the idea of a nutrient rich facial mist. I figured that eventually the answer (or product) would eventually come to me. And, I'm here proclaim that the day has arrived!
the Korean Skin Care Ritual. This intense layering method has exposed me to a new type of product. Steve Jan made me a believer in facial treatment essence which led to the discovery of Missha's First Treatment Essence. This stuff makes sweet love to my skin every morning. I don't know how to explain it...it's like a water that moisturizes (not just hydrates--there's a difference). It feels like water, but then it sorta behaves like a moisturizer on my skin and it leaves behind this subtle little glow. It's fantastic.
The other day and had this bright idea. What if, I get a tiny spray bottle and lovingly pour a little Treatment Essence in it, to carry in my bag? That way, I can mist my face with the blend of amazing extracts and pro-youth yeast ferment whenever mood strikes. Let me take a moment of reiterate that Missha's Essence looks and feels like water but there's no water in the ingredient list. This means that every ingredient is purposeful, yet it feel like you're misting your face with an infused water.
The minute the idea struck me, I ran into the room to see if it was possible. After grabbing the bottle off the counter and taking a look, I'm relieved to find out that I can easily remove the plastic stopper and have full access to Missha's miracle water. Because they give so much product in one bottle, I can afford to distribute some into small spray bottle. Off I went into the land of internet shopping to find the perfect little spray bottle. My requirements were clear, I needed a glass spray bottle, small enough to fit into my tiniest makeup bag. I chose glass because the original product came in glass and I wanted to stay consistent. Plus a glass mister would make me feel all luxurious, and stuff, every time I used it.
these perfect little misters on Etsy for a couple of bucks. They're super cute and come in a set of three. I can use the others for perfumes and whatnot. If you travel frequently, you'll enjoy these. It took 2 seconds to fill the bottle and voila! I had my very own high quality, high end facial mist. I didn't realize how concentrated the Essence was until I used it as a mist. It delivers high levels of moisture in an instant. I think I may create a diluted version (by adding a little water) for those times when I want more hydration and less moisture (if that makes any sense). Whenever I mist with the pure essence, I take a moment to massage the product in. If I diluted to include more water, I could just mist and let it evaporate.
I'm still experimenting but I had to run in here and share the good news. If you still haven't tried Missha's First Essence yet, you are missing out. I went back and reread my initial post where I predicted that my face would improve over time with consistent use, and I was so right. My skin looks really smooth and more even toned. I could attribute those results to daily facial exfoliation, but I've read other accounts of others who've also experienced skin altering results from this product so it's not all in my head.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- Must Have Essentials for Girls with Puny Lashes.
- Motivation Monday | Put a down payment on your goa...
- Gabrielle Union reminds us to step our water drink...
- Style Obsession | The Kimono
- I've turned my Korean Treatment Essence into a hig...
- How to Create Flawless Skin in 7 Days.
- The amazing benefits I experienced from regular ma...
- Motivation Monday | Creating your life on a moment...
- Insta Moments.
- The Fulani Method | Using a silk scarf to infuse m...
- Fit Friday | Summer Fitness Inspiration.
- Style Obession | Dressed in Denim
- The Case for Exfoliating Your Eye Area
- Damaged Hair? Maybe you should try a Hair Botox T...
- Monday Motivation | Life Lessons from Tom Cruise's...
- Instagram Beauty Secrets Part 7.
- Fearless Friday | You've been looking at your fear...
- In the shower | Taking your beauty ritual to the n...
- On Repeat // SZA + Willow Smith 9
- Monday Motivation | How to keep from forgetting to...
- How to look amazing every day without fail.
- Insta moments.
- 5 Makeup Looks to try this weekend!
- What to wear when you have nowhere to go.
- PRP | The anti-aging vampire facial that can also ...
- Moisturize like a Pro! Welcome to the world of Pr...
- Monday Motivation | How to achieve your dreams, w...
- ▼ June ( 27 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal