For the past year or so, I've been on the hunt for the perfect facial cleanser. My criteria was simple. I wanted something gentle that could also contribute to furthering the cause of my skin care journey. My research lead me to the wonders of low pH cleansers. And, after discovering the regimen of a flawless faced beauty editor, I invested in an amazing brand called Phace Bioactive.
I really liked the cleanser. It was ultra gentle and perfect for combating winter dryness. But, as the weather started warming up, I felt like I needed a cleanser with a bit more punch. As it gets hotter my skin starts acting up a bit more than normal. I needed something that could help combat the excess oil production and congestion happening below the surface. What I wanted was a gentle cleanser with the ability to properly exfoliate.
I've mentioned them in previous posts but never took the plunge until now. What I love about Glytone is their commitment to making high quality exfoliating products. You all know that I'm an absolute sucker for skin exfoliation. Glytone has dozens of options that'll help you create even toned skin from head to toe.
So, as a part of my daily action plan for eliminating acne, I thought, why not get a pH balanced cleanser that also contains glycolic acid for exfoliating and evening out skin. It was a no brainer. With a 3.5 pH, I knew this cleanser would be gentle on my skin. The cleanser is comprised of 4.7% free glycolic acid. The free glycolic acid value is the percentage of acid that is free to be effectively used on the skin. At between 2-4% glycolic acid value we experience softer skin due to the removal of surface layer cells.
And that's been my exact experience ever since adding Glytone's Mild Gel cleanser to my routine. Immediately after rinsing, I can tell that my skin is more than just clean, it's fresh and renewed. While using, I do feel a very slight tingle as the acid penetrates my skin. To get the most out of each use, I tend to leave the cleanser on for a couple of minutes before rinsing. After each wash, my skin feels ready to take on the next step in my regimen.
I think I'm finally ready to stop my search for the ultimate facial cleanser because I've finally found it. I wanted the ultra clean feeling you get from a soap but without over drying. This does just that. Gentle exfoliation is like yummy icing on the cake. The only time I might stray from this cleanser is to try their creamy version come winter.
If anyone is debating whether to try this cleanser, I say go for it. But make sure that you are committed to daily sun protection if you use exfoliating acids on a daily basis.
[ #TRENDING ]
- Have your cake and eat it too! How to eat sweets ...
- Mark your Calendars! Dyson is launching the Hair D...
- My quest to recreate the Korean Bathhouse experien...
- Style Inspiration | ADORNED IN DELICATE ACCENTS
- Why Micellar water will be my go-to beauty product...
- Monday Motivation | Why your Bad Days are so awes...
- Keep doing your scalp massages, this study shows t...
- Why Carbonated Water might be the best thing ever!...
- ODE to the Greasy Pre-Shampoo Treatment.
- MANIFESTATION JOURNALING | Write out the Reality y...
- Rosehip Oil. Where have you been all my life?
- Finacial Freedom | Breaking free from paycheck add...
- Insta Beauty Secret | Let's peek into Ashley's tra...
- #Waistsnatched | Hula Hoop your way to a smaller w...
- Monday Motivation | You're Never Gonna Feel Like I...
- The Pretty Panty Experiment | What happens when yo...
- Flawless By Summer | Lotion Boosters that perfectl...
- Finally found the exfoliating cleanser I've been l...
- Monday Motivation | Here's how to get your promoti...
- Study says that walking can create a smaller waist...
- Follow my blog with Bloglovin
- ▼ April ( 21 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal