Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Summer's Over. Now's the Time to Create Your Best Skin Ever.
Over the past couple of years, I've paid much more attention to my facial regimen. And the hard work has really paid off. But, I'm now realizing that I have to make one final push to experience the flawless skin that I've always dreamed of.
Typically, when fall and winter rolls around, I tend to slack off on my regimen. The cooler weather calms my skin down quite a bit so not much effort is required to maintain it.
That's the issue..... The last half of the year, I go into maintenance mode. I do the bare minimum required and my skin still looks pretty decent.
But what if I completely changed my approach. Instead of coasting for the next few months, I can get laser focused and finally achieve the skin of my dreams. This time of year is perfect for making a real impact on your skin. Oil production is down because of cooler temps and we don't have the intense sun rays aggravating our skin discoloration. This time of year, my skin is less congested and looks smoother overall.
Having unproblematic skin creates the perfect opportunity for me to finally get what I want.
As part of my strategy, I'm completing my first professional microneedling session. If all goes well, I can finally experience perfectly smooth skin once and for all. I'll do a full write up on microneedling after I had a chance to experience it.
Beyond the needling, I'll try to squeeze in a couple mild, professional peels over the next few months. If all goes well, I'll make this an annual, end-of-year process. That way I start the new year off with bright, healthy skin.
One other major component to my skin care routine is facial fitness. I want my face to always look lifted and toned but I'm realizing that I have to put in a conscious effort in order to achieve that result.
This means engaging in face toning activities such as Tanaka Massage, facial exercises and (my favorite off all), the Yamuna Face Rolling Routine. I have deep nasal labial folds on the sides of my mouth. They're hereditary on my dad's side of the family. The only thing that keeps my smile lines in check is a consistent facial toning routine.
Lastly, I'm gonna finally use retin-A consistently. Every time I begin a retin-A regimen, my forehead peels, I panic, then stop using it. That was before I knew about the amazing, hydrating powers of sheet masks. Now I can combat the dryness and enjoy the rewards of consistent use of retin-A once and for all.
If you'd had a struggle in making decent headway in your skin routine, try stepping things up this fall and winter. You'll make tons of progress and enjoy clear, glowing skin that's ready for summer.
[ #TRENDING ]
- Monday Motivation | How to Cause Great Things to H...
- Microneedling | The Beauty Treatment That Will Fin...
- Sculpt Your Perfect Silhouette with these Targeted...
- Summer's Over. Now's the Time to Create Your Best ...
- If You Like Sheet Masks, You're Gonna Love This.
- NEW IN.
- Say Goodbye to Dark Under Eye Circles Thanks to Th...
- The Key Ingredient That Makes Achieving All of You...
- The Story of When I Conducted the "My Ideal Life" ...
- The Protein-Digesting Enzyme Supplement that Makes...
- [Try This] The Simple Tweak that Creates Your Smoo...
- The All-Natural Plant Based Collagen Source Proven...
- Adriana Lima Reminds us to Sweat for Faster Hair G...
- 3 Things You're Doing that's Slowing Down Your Suc...
- Here's the Story of How I became Pretty and it Cha...
- Snapchat Beauty Secret | Tracee Ellis Ross made me...
- Your Pretty Feet Regimen is here!
- Monday Motivation | My 2 Favorite Techniques for p...
- Who to Follow | @spiritedpursuit
- ▼ October ( 19 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal