Hopefully, by now, I may have convinced you to consider playing around with coconut oil as a overnight skin moisturizer. If you've never heard of this before, I invite you to check out:
+ Go to bed greasy | How applying nourishing oils at night creates glowing radiant skin.
+ The Flight Attendant with Flawless Skin | One woman's secret to moist skin even in the driest conditions.
+ The Actress who doesn't age | The beauty secret shared by the beautiful actress who hasn't aged in 20 years.
TEETH WHITENING + DETOXIFICATION
Since the coconut oil is handy perhaps you might want to do some oil pulling before heading off to bed. What's oil pulling? Well it's a simple act of swishing oil around in your mouth for a few minutes. Benefits of this unusual practice include detoxification, clearer skin and whiter teeth. Who doesn't want that? If this is the first you're hearing about oil pulling, I suggest you learn more about the process and benefits by watching a few videos on youtube.
P.s. make sure you keep a separate container of coconut oil for oil pulling that you don't put your fingers into.
I will never forget the day when I was strolling online looking into the benefits of applying coconut oil on lashes when I stumbled upon a women who proclaimed "I apply coconut oil to my lashes every night and they are magnificent!" Her proclamation was all the convincing I need. Whenever I apply coconut oil on my skin, I apply some of the excess to my lashes as a conditioning treatment before bed.
Chances are you rub a little coconut oil on your hands and feet before bed. Next time, pay a little attention to the cuticles. Rubbing oil into the cuticles help bring blood flow to the nail bed, promoting strong, healthy growth. And you know how important it is to have healthy, well maintained nails so don't skip this step.
Consider placing a little coconut oil in a small jar that you can blend with an exfoliant, such as sugar, to create a lip scrub. Feel free to leave a little oil on the lip, post scrub as an all natural lip balm.
One other thing you can do with your coconut oil at night is to consume it. Turns out that a study was done that demonstrates how 40 female participants experienced a reduction in belly fat after consuming 1 ounce of coconut oil or soybean a day, follow their normal diet, and walk 50 minutes a day. The group of women who ingested coconut oil as part of their regimen experienced a noticeable reduction in their waistline while increasing their good cholesterol compared to the group who consumed soybean oil. While coconut oil is still a fat, it operates differently than other forms of fat thereby improving metabolism and even helping you feel fuller.
STRENGTHEN YOUR ENDS
Perhaps, the last thing you should consider when conducting your nightly coconut oil ritual is to quickly apply some oil to your ends. That way your hair enjoys a light treatment while you sleep. As we know, coconut oil penetrates the strand, allowing its nourishing qualities to enter the hair strand. You can actually strengthen your strands as you sleep. Be mindful when applying coconut oil to the hair over and over again to thwart off any potential protein overload issues. Try it and see how your hair responds.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- In the gym bag.
- Scalp Contractions | Taking your simple scalp mass...
- Your Ultimate Nightly Coconut Oil Regimen has arri...
- Olaplex | Rebuild the damage caused by your chemic...
- Fitness | Your Key to Eternal Youth
- Master the At Home Facial
- New In.
- The Healthy Scalp Essentials Kit
- Beyond Taking Action| The Amazing Power of Finishi...
- Fitness Inspiration
- How to become an International Woman of Mystery.
- Inspo Board | Adorned.
- Rebounding | The all over beauty work out that ban...
- Motivation Monday // What really happens when you ...
- Update // The one tool that softens my skin, mois...
- Fit Friday // How Living a Healthy Lifestyle can i...
- Currently Loving | Kanechom Avocado Conditioner.
- Why painting your nails could actually change your...
- Style Inpso | How to make your Topknot more inter...
- Monday Motivation | This is the only way to truly ...
- Style Obsession || Feeling Grey
- Are you doing these five beauty rituals every time...
- Fearless Friday | All you gotta do is say yes.
- Year in Review! What we learned in 2014
- ▼ January ( 24 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal