Want strong hair and healthy growth? One of your focuses besides drinking loads of water, exercising & boosting your nutrition should be to maximize the health of your scalp. We've talked in length about the actions needed to address scalp issues. But we've never went into detail about strengthening the scalp itself.
taking deliberate action to maintain muscle mass with resistance exercises. The good news is that it's pretty easy to strengthen + tone our arms, legs and abs. Unfortunately, some of our other muscles are a bit more obscure. Rarely do we think about doing facial exercises and we never consider our scalp muscles.
Yes, that's right. When was the last time you exercised your scalp? What would happen if you could activate the muscles that are directly related to your hair growth? I'll tell you what would happen. Blood flow to that area would increase by nearly 10X. That type of blood flow is real valuable. Which is why I'm putting it on my bucket list to learn how to do scalp contraction exercises. Not only do these movements directly benefit hair growth but, as an added benefit, you'll also enjoy a firmer toned forehead and a lifted upper facial area.
The bad news is that moving our scalp muscles isn't all that easy. If it were, we'd be doing them every day. These muscles are underdeveloped and underutilized so finding them and working them takes a bit of practice. I still don't quite know how to do it, but I'm confident that trying it every day will bring progress. AND I know that by practicing, I'll stimulate my scalp which is always a good thing.
P.S. If you're one of those people who can do this on the first try. Congratulations, you have achieved unicorn status, consider yourself one of the chosen few.
People who are really good at it can move their entire scalp without the use of their hands.
Scalp Exercise Technique Website.
Scalp Exercise Technique Video:
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- In the gym bag.
- Scalp Contractions | Taking your simple scalp mass...
- Your Ultimate Nightly Coconut Oil Regimen has arri...
- Olaplex | Rebuild the damage caused by your chemic...
- Fitness | Your Key to Eternal Youth
- Master the At Home Facial
- New In.
- The Healthy Scalp Essentials Kit
- Beyond Taking Action| The Amazing Power of Finishi...
- Fitness Inspiration
- How to become an International Woman of Mystery.
- Inspo Board | Adorned.
- Rebounding | The all over beauty work out that ban...
- Motivation Monday // What really happens when you ...
- Update // The one tool that softens my skin, mois...
- Fit Friday // How Living a Healthy Lifestyle can i...
- Currently Loving | Kanechom Avocado Conditioner.
- Why painting your nails could actually change your...
- Style Inpso | How to make your Topknot more inter...
- Monday Motivation | This is the only way to truly ...
- Style Obsession || Feeling Grey
- Are you doing these five beauty rituals every time...
- Fearless Friday | All you gotta do is say yes.
- Year in Review! What we learned in 2014
- ▼ January ( 24 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal