My workout sessions with the personal trainer are coming to an end. Not only am I fitter, I also learned a lot about myself as a result of the experience. What's most exciting, about the ordeal, is that I got to experience a small part of my life's bucket list.
Now I have the taste for more. To experience the "luxuries" I thought were only possible if I reached a certain financial status. But since my time with the trainer was so rewarding, I now desire to carry out other items on the wish list.
By saying yes, I got to experience working with a wonderful trainer who challenges me in ways that benefited me tremendously. Now, I'm ready to conquer the next thing on my bucket list. In my mental fantasies, I live a life where I enjoy weekly massages. Not just for the sake of getting massages, but also for the benefits. Areas of stress would be released. That hour of relaxation would take away months of tension build up. Full body massage is an excellent way to increase circulation and clear out the lymphatic system. It stimulates a full body detox. A study was done on participants who received massages 1-2 times a week vs. those who didn't. Not only did the stress hormone (cortisol) decrease, those who received weekly massages also enjoyed a boost to their immune system.
There's a professional beauty school, on the other side of town, that offers a great price on the purchase of a series of massages. They use high quality botanical products and take great measures to create a truly relaxing experience. This week, I'm gonna treat myself to a four session package as a reward for reaching a milestone in February. And in doing so, I will be chipping away at a limiting belief that I have to reach a certain status in order to enjoy weekly massages. Then, maybe in April, I book a series of facial treatments as well.
The goal is to remain in a constant state of creation and not to put things on a someday list that can actually happen right now. It's all about choice.
Life happens once. Sometimes we make choices that create a life that looks very different from the life we say we want. This year, it's about being intentional and taking small steps to paint that exact picture I have in my mind.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- 5 Healthy Skin Boosters for your DYI Facial Mist.
- Monday Motivation| How to feel like doing it, when...
- Welcome Back | KeraCare Humecto Creme Conditioner
- Currently Loving | Palmer's Moisturizing Body Oil....
- The Wash Day L.C.O. Method to super charge moistur...
- Tea Time.
- Motivation Monday | Conducting personal experiment...
- Style Inspo | Spring Outerwear
- Fearless Friday | Journey to Financial Freedom
- First Impressions | Cure Aqua Gel Exfoliator
- Review | The Olaplex Hair Strengthening System.
- Instagram Beauty Secrets Part 6
- Fit Friday | Three Ways to a flatter tummy
- Eternal Youth | Cryotherapy Beauty Treatment
- Style School | Five ways to create shoulder length...
- Motivation Monday | Break out of your Default Sett...
- Style Obsession | Shoulder Length.
- Summer Countdown | Time for a Skin Detox
- Countdown to Summer | Glowing skin starts now.
- Style Obsession// TWO CHAINS
- Style Inspo | Fitted to a Tee
- Monday Motivation | Operate at the highest level o...
- Enjoying Life | Conquering your bucket list
- ▼ March ( 23 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal