This weekend is daylight savings. This means the start of the "warmer seasons." This week has been unseasonably warm which reminded served as reminder of how unprepared I am. Winter allows me the opportunity to slack a little on my skincare, my eating, and fitness routine. When spring rolls around, it's on!
So I've got to move quickly into action to get things back in order. As always, the first priority was up to up my water intake and I'm already experiencing improvements. Quick tip, if you want to drink more water, get a bigger water bottle.
Now that I've upped my hydration, I can worry about other things. First and foremost on my list is body exfoliation. Time to switch out my Salux cloth for an upgraded, harder version. I've become a bit accustomed standard texture and now I'm graduating to the next level (super hard Salux cloth).
Second on the agenda is a cleanser that also evens out the skin. In the past I've reached for the Kojic Acid soap. But I think I may venture onto something even more powerful. So far, I've got my eye on this Mandelic Acid 3-N-1 exfoliating cleanser. Mandelic acid is a mild exfoliant that is deemed the most effective for ethnic skin. Even though mandelic acid is considered on the mild side, as far as peeling agents go, it's pretty effective. Perfect for using a couple of times a week to promote healthy, even toned skin.
Ok, so I'll continue up my water intake, slough off dead skin with a high-powered Salux cloth, and incorporate skin brightening products into my daily/weekly routine. In addition to all of this, I plan to transition my eating habits away from fatty, heavy comfort food to fresher choices. This means incorporating more fresh fruits and green salads throughout the day. Not only will this help me shed a few pounds, the water content in fruit and veggies also help contribute to my total water intake.
This is Phase I of the "Get Ready for Summer" plan. There's also a Phase II which involves one simple action which will contribute to my fitness, health and skin care goals all at once. Let's Phase II discuss next time.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- 5 Healthy Skin Boosters for your DYI Facial Mist.
- Monday Motivation| How to feel like doing it, when...
- Welcome Back | KeraCare Humecto Creme Conditioner
- Currently Loving | Palmer's Moisturizing Body Oil....
- The Wash Day L.C.O. Method to super charge moistur...
- Tea Time.
- Motivation Monday | Conducting personal experiment...
- Style Inspo | Spring Outerwear
- Fearless Friday | Journey to Financial Freedom
- First Impressions | Cure Aqua Gel Exfoliator
- Review | The Olaplex Hair Strengthening System.
- Instagram Beauty Secrets Part 6
- Fit Friday | Three Ways to a flatter tummy
- Eternal Youth | Cryotherapy Beauty Treatment
- Style School | Five ways to create shoulder length...
- Motivation Monday | Break out of your Default Sett...
- Style Obsession | Shoulder Length.
- Summer Countdown | Time for a Skin Detox
- Countdown to Summer | Glowing skin starts now.
- Style Obsession// TWO CHAINS
- Style Inspo | Fitted to a Tee
- Monday Motivation | Operate at the highest level o...
- Enjoying Life | Conquering your bucket list
- ▼ March ( 23 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal