Saturday, December 27, 2014
Why I'm never wearing lipstick again.
Wearing lip pencil in lieu of lipstick makes so much sense. First, lip pencils can cost a fraction of the price of a decent lipstick. Secondly, they last much longer while offering a great color payout. Third, they take up almost no space in your makeup pouch. Fourth, they cover the lip without feeling heavy or overdone. Fifth, the color seems much more natural than if I were wearing a similar shade in using a traditional lipstick. Sixth, lip liners have a longer shelf life than lipstick. Seventh....ok, I've run out of reasons but if you're not convinced by now then there's nothing more I can say.
I've amassed quite a collection. Some I love more than others. I thought I'd share a few of my faves with you in case you're on the market to create your own version of the nude lip
The most expensive in my collection. As one would expect, you enjoy a higher quality with these jumbo pencils. The color payoff is amazing! Not only are you enjoying bold color, but these chunky lip pencils are super hydrating which is a rare thing with a typical pencil.
MACs lips pencils are cool & all, but the money is in the their cremestick lip liners. After digging deep in my current collection, I found "80%" which is now a discontinued color. I loved it so much as a lip color that I went immediately to the MAC store to stock up. As soon as I found out it was long gone, I shed a tear. Then I manned up and picked up an alternate color that also looked great on my skin tone. MAC's Portside has a slightly more reddish tone than 80% but I appreciate the creamy texture which helps the color glide on. I'll definitely be back for more.
Portside + 80% Cremestick | NYX Nude Truffle + Mauve + Mahogany + Brown + Nutmeg | MAC Chestnut + Cork lip liner | Rimmel Epic + Obsession
My favorite of the drug store pencils. You gotta love the massive range of nude options in this line. I picked up a ton of different colors each very similar yet different in their own way. I love each one of them equally and the price makes it easy for me to indulge without feeling guilty. So far I've grabbed
Another drug store brand that deserves a shout out. Similar to MAC's Cremesticks, these Rimmel pencils are softer textured liner that glides on pretty easily. These softer liners give you the freedom to apply without having to worry too much about your lips drying out. Plus they're retractable so no need to carry around a pencil sharpener.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- Air drying | Experience your sexiest skin ever!
- Motivation Monday | Move to the edge of your comfo...
- Style Inspo // Sunday Brunch.
- Why I'm never wearing lipstick again.
- IV Vitamin Infusion & why celebrities love this tr...
- My favorite pair of Aldo heels @ nearly 70% off
- Motivation Monday | Choose one success technique a...
- Nightly Ritual | Beauty Tea + Hair Tonic
- Insta Moments | @lifeasnadege
- Instagram Beauty Secret | How this "Basketball Wif...
- "It works!" Yet another advocate of nail rubbing ...
- Could Silicon Mix + Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor...
- Motivation Monday | Breaking the cycle of mindless...
- Countdown to New Year | Time for a mini makeover
- My 2015 List of Intentions
- Fit Friday | Losing Weight in the easiest way poss...
- How to create the deep nude lip (it's much easier ...
- Beauty Obsession | The Deepest Nudes
- All the Celebrities are doing it! The Case for Dai...
- Monday Motivation | Reward yourself for everything...
- Why twist+ braid outs might be better for length r...
- ▼ December ( 21 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal