Friday, August 7, 2015
Fearless Friday | Could your fear be causing to you take too much action?
Those of you who've read my past motivation posts know that I'm a huge supporter of taking massive action to reach your goals. Thinking positive thoughts is good, but without consistent action, we won't experience results.
Today I'd like to challenge our thinking about taking action and how it relates to your fears. Typically, when you see someone taking lots of action, you tend to see that person as someone who's fearless. And they probably are. But what if that person was operating out of fear and didn't even know it?
But instead of choosing to do the biggest, most powerful actions, I start at step one. Why? Because it's easier and more comfortable. Starting at step 1 means that I don't have to do step 7 right now. Step 7 is a bit scary so I'll start with the easiest stuff first. Meanwhile, I'm delaying my results. There's nothing wrong with starting with the fundamentals, but only if your goal is to get to the most relevant actions as quickly as possible. The longer you spend doing the small stuff, the more you delay your manifestation.
Often, we have a timeline for our goals that will get us there in 1, 3, or even 5 years. But we never ask ourselves, "what do I need to do to get there in 1, 3 or even 5 months? What bold actions do I need to do RIGHT NOW?" If you only have a couple of months (or weeks) to reach your goal, you won't be spending all that time on the preliminary stuff. Instead you'll identify the HIGHEST IMPACT ACTIONS and get them done ASAP.
As you identify steps to take you towards your goal, ask yourself, "am I adding steps on so I don't have to do what I know I need to do? If I were willing to do the thing that makes me uncomfortable, what kind of results could I be experiencing right now?"
Everything we could ever want is on the other side of our comfort levels. Sometimes doing the same thing over and over again is symptomatic of wanting to operate in the warm and cozy comfort zone. Once you've read a book on the topic, don't go looking for another book unless you've done something productive with what you learned. Always do gut checks to make sure your action isn't a form of avoidance. Action is powerful, but not all action is created equal. Look at your list and really identify the most powerful action you can be doing right now, then get to work!
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- What I hope to experience by floating in a sensory...
- Monday Motivation | Work on behalf of your future ...
- Cleanse with this if you want clear, acne-free ski...
- NEW IN.
- Life Elevated | Why I decided to get a cleaning la...
- Here's how to upgrade water in your L.O.C. moistur...
- Monday Motivation | Use the "Micro-Method" to beat...
- Style Inspo| What to Wear (or buy) This Weekend
- First Impressions | GlamGlow Youthcleanse Exfoliat...
- The Real Reason why Vaseline is a powerful Anti-Ag...
- Monday Motivation | Have you developed your person...
- 4 Ways to Create a More Abundant Environment Now.
- Insta Beauty Secret | Giorgio Armani Luminious Sil...
- Five reasons to wear makeup more often than you do...
- "Lemme upgrade ya" | Flawless Beauty Tips from Bey...
- Feature | From neck length, to set back to a glori...
- Monday Motiviation | You say you want to do it, bu...
- Should you be putting probiotics on your face for ...
- Fearless Friday | Could your fear be causing to yo...
- What to drink to be effortlessly flawless.
- Monday Motivation |How to be your own boss (litera...
- Avoiding Set Backs: Master Pre-Detangling
- ▼ August ( 22 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal