More recently, I heard of a brand called dpHUE that created an ACV conditioning rinse. Immediately, I fell in love with the idea. At that moment I decided to create a DIY version by combining my favorite hydrating conditioners with a little bit of apple cider vinegar. I adored this wonderful concoction and was thankful to dpHUE for offering the inspiration.
But now, I may have come across the ultimate ACV hair product of all time. You see, for years I've tried (unsuccessfully) to create a home made ACV leave in. I've longed for the day when I can have a low pH, cuticle sealing leave in conditioner to complete the wash day experience. Every time I try to whip up a batch, it just never turns out the way I envisioned.
|dpHUE ACV leave-in hair therapy|
Take a look at the product description of their ACV Leave-In Hair Therapy so you can see why I'm so excited.
dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Leave-In Hair Therapy
Harnesses the power of apple cider vinegar to restore the pH and health of hair. It closes the cuticle for easy and natural detangling, while leaving the hair soft and shiny with a long lasting silky feel. Does not weigh hair down.
- Contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes and fatty acids to revitalize the hair making it soft and smooth.
- Infused with argan oil, macadamia oil, dandelion extract, aloe vera and more, Apple Cider Vinegar Leave-In Hair Therapy protects and nourishes with anti-aging benefits.
- Provides protection from UV rays to fight color fade. (remember, the sun hates your hair).
In my spare time, I've been creating the ultimate leave in conditioner collection. So far, my all-star players include:
- [ Biolage Hydrasource Leave-In Tonic ]- Part of my regimen since the dawn of time. It's the ultimate watery, hydrating leave in.
- [ It's a 10 Miracle Leave In ]- A super powered product meant to attack tough tangles.
- [ Biolage Keratindose ] -A thicker version of their hydrating leave-in for when I need a bit more conditioning post wash.
- [ Grund Tiger Reconstructor Spray ]-An excellent strengthening leave-in when I'm experiencing excessive breakage. Although it's loaded with protein, it acts and feels like a conditioning leave-in (no stiff hair ever).
I'm hoping this is it.......
It pleases me that apple cider vinegar is at the top of the ingredient list. Although I have most of the raw ingredients in my possession, I'm still traumatized from past failed attempts at creating an ACV leave in. This time, I'll trust the professionals.
Wish me luck!
(First Impressions post coming soon).