I've created yet another (unproven) theory that I'd like to share with you all today. This one has to do with taking vitamins. More importantly, when we take them. It all goes back to a personal experience I had a while ago. My day was so busy, I forgot to take my supplements. Before going to bed I decided to take my fish oil and call it a day.
The next morning, my skin was so dewy and had a fabulous glow. I asked myself "what happened?" My skin never does this when I take fish oil during the day. Then I reflected a little about the difference that may have occurred when I took my supplement at night.
Of course we all know that our bodies go through major repair while we sleep. Our muscles are restored, waste and toxins are collected for elimination, our body is rebuilding while we rest. It's what happens to our skin that is most interesting. While we sleep, our body creates new cells to replace the old skin cells that are shed during waking hours. So I asked myself, "could the fish oil I take before bed act as a tool to help aid in the creation of healthier skin?"
When we take supplements during the day, they're consumed and absorbed at a time when we have so many other things going on. We're constantly moving around, we're digesting food, we're burning calories. But at night, it's all about rebuilding and repair. Perhaps if we took certain supplements before bed, it could make a positive impact on the rebuilding process.
Notice that I said certain supplements. For instance, I wouldn't take a multi-vitamin before bed because it's recommended that we take those with a meal. B Vitamins help elevate energy levels so taking them before resting can interfere with our sleep. At the moment, I only take a fish oil supplement before bed. I may consider taking a lower dose biotin before bed. Since biotin is water soluble, I may be going through it pretty quickly because of my increased water intake. If I take some biotin before bed, my body can better utilize it while I rest. Biotin is technically a B vitamin but most of us are used to taking it so the impact to our sleep might not be that severe. I read several accounts online where some chose to take their biotin at night. Mineral supplements can also be taken at night. It's even said that taking minerals at night may even help you sleep better.
I'm going to experiment with this a little more until I find what works for me. Everyone is different so some can take B Vitamins at night and sleep like a baby. I'm going to start by including a calcium supplement to my nightly regimen and keep going from there. Oh, and I'll probably create a nightly ritual of drinking a cup of bamboo tea so I can get my silica right before bed. If it is indeed true that our bodies can get more value from taking some supplements at night time then I'm all in.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- Drinking 1 Gallon of water daily: Here's how I ben...
- Motivation Monday: Getting rid of limiting beliefs...
- Is Infrared Technology the future of healthy heat ...
- Going Green: Kale Salad Recipe
- How your body's pH is affecting your hair journey
- Sunday Spa Day: The Experience that will change ev...
- Weekend Ramblings: Neiman Marcus Project Beauty
- Mizani Supreme Oil Conditioner Giveaway!
- "Brushing My Scalp Gave Me Thick Healthy Hair!"
- L.O.C. Method Remixed: Elevating the Moisture Game...
- Day or Night: Does it matter when we take our vita...
- Products I've Used Up.
- Life Lessons and Lovey Skin: A day at the Facial S...
- I'm Bringing "Sexy Back" and this exercise is how...
- 8 Ways to stop your Shedding now!
- Finally have my Micro Mist: Here's what I think
- 5 Ways to keep a Summer Glow all Winter!
- Taking it back to the Old School: My Vintage Shopp...
- "Jammin" Spicy Jerk Shirmp
- Lila Rose Hair Jewels Review and Giveaway!
- ▼ January ( 20 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal