Friday, July 3, 2015
Fit Friday | Don't allow your thirst cravings to make you fat.
As you would imagine, I'm not pleased with this newfound habit. So I asked myself, "what else can I do besides constantly running into the kitchen for a snack?" In an instant, the answer came to me "drink water!" Ok, I thought, I'll try that. Actually, before filling my water bottle, I reached into the fridge for some coconut water. Within moments, the coconut water was consumed and instantly, I felt a level of satisfaction that I could never experience by devouring a serving of chips and salsa.
The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. It was like I had been awakened. What I'm really excited about was how my hunger cravings were pretty much gone. I could walk through the kitchen without feeling the need to reach for something. And by dinner time, I was able to enjoy a smaller meal with complete satisfaction.
Without realizing I fell into the trap of mistaking thirst for hunger. I'd heard of the theory of thirst disguised as hunger before but dismissed it because, to me, these were two different sensations. But, if I'm honest with myself, my body was producing natural cravings and I my first action was to appease it with food.
Today, I awoke full of energy which I used to fit in a brief workout first thing. If I continue to feel as good as I did yesterday, I hope to get a lot more decluttering in. Don't get me wrong, I'm not replacing food with water, but I completely underestimated how often my body required additional water intake. Now I'm keeping the office is stocked with coconut water, fruit (bamboo) tea, water and lemon water. My advice for you is this, whenever you feel cravings setting in, address it first with liquid. Not only could you experience amazing benefits but you could save yourself a couple of unnecessary pounds in the process.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- Insta lately.
- Nightly Exfoliation | How to wake up looking like ...
- Hair Botox (at home) part II- Success!!!
- My anti-aging tools that I've never told you about...
- Motivation Monday | Dreaming Big vs. Doing Big
- 5 Reasons to stop wearing bummy clothes around the...
- How to use steam in your every day routine to incr...
- Motivation Monday | Try this Law of Attraction tec...
- Frequent vs. Infrequent Washing| Let's Discuss
- Shop the Look | Fitted Cargos.
- Style Inspo | What to wear (or buy) this weekend
- Korean Layering Routine Part 2 // The Nightly Rout...
- How to create a bachelorette type romance in your ...
- Ice Facials | The Celebrity Beauty Secret for firm...
- Motivation Monday | Are you secretly in love with ...
- Interior Inspiration // Concrete floors
- Fit Friday | Creating a Beautiful, Toned Back
- Detangling tips for those with fragile hair.
- Monday Motivation | What are you doing to stimulat...
- Update | The benefits I experienced when I consist...
- Fit Friday | Don't allow your thirst cravings to m...
- Why my first Hair Botox experience was a complete ...
- ▼ July ( 22 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal