Reflecting back on my personal skin care journey, one lesson I've learned is that expensive skin care products don't necessarily produce better results. Years ago, I heard of this miracle cream that celebrities smeared all over their bodies to maintain their youth. When I finally got to the beauty counter to take a peak at La Mer's label, I was shocked that a high end product would contain mineral oil as one of its top ingredients. Never the less, I requested a sample which I never finished.
Then I heard that Beyonce uses Nutra Bisse's face cream that actually contains the dust real diamonds, I had to try the cream for myself. Nice cream, but it didn't transform my skin. If you look anywhere on the internet, you will find a multitude of rave reviews about Skinceuticals CE Ferulic serum. Filled with antioxidants, many people who've used it say that it's well worth the price of over $100.00 a bottle. After saving my pennies, I grabbed a bottle to replace my last serum. My skin didn't love it.
I had pretty much given up on expensive skin care products. Then, while browsing on Sephora's website I stumbled upon Dr. Dennis Gross' Alpha Bete Peel. They are basically face wipes loaded with glycolic, salicylic, lactic, mandelic, and citric acid. These wipes can be used daily to exfoliate the top layer, promoting younger, brighter looking skin.
Dr. Gross' wipes are perfect for people who travel like me. Since I don't travel with my Clarisonic Plus, my skin doesn't get to experience the same level exfoliation when I'm on the road. These wipes will help keep my skin in check. My first impression is how easy it is to use. Just wipe my face, let it dry, then do the same thing with the second wipe. That's it. Oh, and I love that there's enough product do also allow me to treat my neck and upper chest.
I purchased the pack of 30 treatments but I don't plan on using daily. I may go a few days straight then take a few days off, then use weekly for maintenance. There was a slight tingle when used, but other than that, no other side effects. The skin doesn't actually peel. You just apply, let dry, then apply moisturizer and whatever other products you use. My first experience with the alpha beta peel was two days ago. Today, my skin feels smooth and looks brighter. Dr Gross alpha beta peels are officially a skin care staple.
Exfoliation is definitely the way to go if you are on the journey to create healthier looking skin. Especially if you've been good with taking your green supplements and drinking lots of water. Chilli would be so proud of me right now.
(p.s. Amazon has it for way less than what I paid for it at Sephora).
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- Beauty Secrets of the Flight Attendant with Flawle...
- How to create taut, firm facial skin.
- Motivation Monday | How to develop personal accoun...
- Barely There Accents
- Fit Friday | Be inspired by these weight loss tra...
- Skin Porefection | Eliminate large pores for good....
- Currrently Craving | NeoCell Biotin Bursts!
- First Impressions | Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Pee...
- Monday Motivation| Your emotions are deceiving you...
- Wash Day | Want healthier hair? Try doing a "Pre" ...
- Working out? What are you gonna do about your hai...
- How to retain length if you're a obssessive hair m...
- Wearing the red lip.
- Banish Breakage | Products that destroy hair break...
- Style School | The Satin Scarf Braid Out
- Drink to your health!
- Fit Friday | Why I want a vibration plate, like ri...
- Caviar Living | Why fish eggs are a sacred food.
- Super Food Snacking | Asian Grocery Haul
- Monday Motivation | Taking action is worthless
- The Black Smoothie | Take your smoothie game to th...
- Fitness Friday | Geting Fit in under a minute a d...
- ▼ August ( 22 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal