I'm getting back in the swing of things with my green smoothie routine. I'm creating a new habit of rejuvenating with quality nutrition to make up for the lack of sleep and constant traveling. This is the reason I invested in The Super Elixir. So far things have been great. But I'm always game for taking things to the next level.
While strolling down the aisle of my local Asian grocery store, I happened upon a package with what looked like black rice, on the label. Upon further review, I realized the package contained black rice + black sesame seeds in a powder form. Then I thought "this would be great in a smoothie!" Just as I was about to toss the package in my basket, I remembered that I have black sesame seeds, black rice and a high powered blender at home.
gelatin, kale were also added in. A minute later my smoothie was ready. Because I hadn't taken the time to grind the seeds and rice into powder, I knew I would taste it in the smoothie. That was intentional. Lately, I have been replacing a meal or two with smoothies. My hope was that I could create a thicker smoothie that could sustain me much longer than my previous recipe. Boy was I right. The end product was thicker. I also could sense small pieces of rice and I took my first sip. I actually love the added texture. I'm one of those people that like everything to be a little chunky so this was absolutely perfect.
Tuna Poke. Little did I know that these little seeds are an excellent source of minerals like cooper, iron, selenium, zinc and calcium. Then I read that black sesame seeds may have the ability to reverse gray hair. That's all I needed to hear. Black sesame seeds will go into my smoothie for life.
[ #TRENDING ]
- ► 2016 ( 244 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- Beauty Secrets of the Flight Attendant with Flawle...
- How to create taut, firm facial skin.
- Motivation Monday | How to develop personal accoun...
- Barely There Accents
- Fit Friday | Be inspired by these weight loss tra...
- Skin Porefection | Eliminate large pores for good....
- Currrently Craving | NeoCell Biotin Bursts!
- First Impressions | Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Pee...
- Monday Motivation| Your emotions are deceiving you...
- Wash Day | Want healthier hair? Try doing a "Pre" ...
- Working out? What are you gonna do about your hai...
- How to retain length if you're a obssessive hair m...
- Wearing the red lip.
- Banish Breakage | Products that destroy hair break...
- Style School | The Satin Scarf Braid Out
- Drink to your health!
- Fit Friday | Why I want a vibration plate, like ri...
- Caviar Living | Why fish eggs are a sacred food.
- Super Food Snacking | Asian Grocery Haul
- Monday Motivation | Taking action is worthless
- The Black Smoothie | Take your smoothie game to th...
- Fitness Friday | Geting Fit in under a minute a d...
- ▼ August ( 22 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal