Thursday, March 3, 2016
Beauty Must Have | How to moisturize your skin + hair while you sleep
A few weeks back, I visited my gym's steam room. I purposefully chose to stay in for only a few seconds. When I stepped out, I felt my skin. It was dripping with moisture and felt revived. At that moment, I knew what I needed to do.
My next course of action was to head on over to Amazon and pick up small humidifier. I could no longer live in a low humidity environment. Within days, a portable unit arrived. This unit can be plugged into a USB so I have it going while I work. I also plan to take it with me on long plane rides. Although the humidifier is small, I felt the benefits on night one. My skin wasn't as itchy and sleep was more comfortable overall.
But then I was like, "I wonder if humidifiers can also benefit the hair?" Off I went into the land of the internet to find answers. What I discovered was several accounts of people who boasted of wonderful skin, hair, and scalp benefits after using a humidifier on a nightly basis.
Here's an excerpt from Trisha's blog post after purchasing her humidifier:
"Honestly, I’m obsessed with this thing! My friend said that she used humidifiers as a kid when she was sick. But for me, this is my new secret (or not so secret because I’m sharing it here) beauty weapon."
Why is it her secret beauty weapon? Because her hair and face seemed to be infused with added moisture, thanks to her humidifier.
My plan is to purchase a larger unit to experiment with how best to impact the hair. I'm thinking that I should also run the humidifier during the day while I'm working (since my hair will be under a scarf at night). If any of you work in an office environment, a portable humidifier might be just what you need.
Although we're sound asleep, our body is hard at work repairing and rebuilding. I suspect that added moisture in the air can really contribute to the repairing process. I don't know about you, but the idea of waking up to hydrated skin and hair without having made any additional effort sounds like a dream come true.
[ #TRENDING ]
- I'm going to get my Lashes Lifted!
- Beauty Splurge | The high end products these cele...
- How I'm going to spend my quarterly bonus.
- Monday Motivation | Creating the Space for your Su...
- Beauty Must Have | The skin enhancing product that...
- New In.
- Study says these supplements can improve hair thic...
- Monday Motivation | Spring into Action
- Glowing by Summer | Why green water might be the u...
- Your Pre-Summer Detox Routine | Clear Skin, Purge...
- Spring Mood.
- The Healthy cuticle Flat Iron with plates made of ...
- "Dewy Skin in a Bottle" | The Facial Mist that giv...
- Three Reasons why you need a concealer stick in yo...
- The workout that blasts body fat in only 3 minutes...
- Monday Motivation | Always Be Creating
- Beauty Hack | How to carry coconut oil with you wh...
- Beauty Must Have | How to moisturize your skin + h...
- Style Obsession | The TANK DRESS
- ▼ March ( 19 )
- ► 2015 ( 256 )
- ► 2014 ( 257 )
- ► 2013 ( 196 )
- ► 2012 ( 92 )
- ► 2011 ( 71 )
- ► 2010 ( 55 )
- ► 2009 ( 63 )
- Healthy Hair
- Skin Care
- Stronger Hair
- Deep Conditioning
- Healthy Scalp
- Off topic
- Product Reviews
- healthy ends
- Hair Maintenance
- Hair Goals
- Hair Oil
- hair styles
- How Tos
- Stretching Relaxer
- hair steamer
- Dry Hair
- Hair Science
- Dominican Salon
- Hair Tools
- Shiny Hair
- Beauty Treatments
- Bamboo Tea
- air drying
- Affirm Fiber Guard
- Reader Questions
- Curly Hair
- Hair Growth
- hair journal